VR Goggles

Reaction score
I have read multiple threads on VR goggles and came across this ad. Does it mean that it is better to get VR goggles to connect to P3P rather than FPV goggles. Any experience is much appreciated.

Here is an ad from DJI event http://event.dji.com/comiccon/
comicon.jpg

VR googles and FPV googles (ones with "headtracker") have the same functionality, but VR solution s much cheaper since use common Android/iOS phone. Typical VR googles is just carton with lenses (Google cardboard) or plastic solution with same lenses - with typical cost of $20-$40.
More important the feature set of the software which you use flying with VR.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have read multiple threads on VR goggles and came across this ad. Does it mean that it is better to get VR goggles to connect to P3P rather than FPV goggles. Any experience is much appreciated.

Here is an ad from DJI event Comic Con - DJI
View attachment 23834
With phantom flights I prefer the best resolution FPV display that matches the camera resolution feed, 720x1280, such as the Headplay HD goggle. I prefer controlling the craft with my hands, given the cost of the craft. VR goggles split the screen and crop the image to fit, which doesn't represent what the camera is actually capturing. Although Headplay goggles are big in size, after experiencing the clarity and resolution, most are in awe, compared to other goggles. At $250, that's a good price, and also include the display. However they are so popular they have been hard to find.

With phantom flights I prefer the best resolution FPV display that matches the camera resolution feed, 720x1280, such as the Headplay HD goggle. I prefer controlling the craft with my hands, given the cost of the craft. VR goggles split the screen and crop the image to fit, which doesn't represent what the camera is actually capturing. Although Headplay goggles are big in size, after experiencing the clarity and resolution, most are in awe, compared to other goggles. At $250, that's a good price, and also include the display. However they are so popular they have been hard to find.
You are right: if you are going to control the craft with stick only, the googles with full 720x1280 screen is better than VR with 720x640 (left)+ 720x640 (right). Of course, the more pixels you see, the safer you fly.
But..Don't you like to try new experience really?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl