VR Box users please help me out

Ok I received my goggles a couple days ago and just tried them out tonight for first time,they worked pretty good.For 23 bucks shipped you cant beat it with a fricking stick.
MarcusCoburnicus I dont know what the qr code is for you said I needed? I didnt need it but thanks anyway.
I had been searching for a video about these goggles hooked up to P3 and could never find one then stumbled upon this one when I wasnt looking.

Reactions: MarcusCoburnicus
Ok I received my goggles a couple days ago and just tried them out tonight for first time,they worked pretty good.For 23 bucks shipped you cant beat it with a fricking stick.
MarcusCoburnicus I dont know what the qr code is for you said I needed? I didnt need it but thanks anyway.
I had been searching for a video about these goggles hooked up to P3 and could never find one then stumbled upon this one when I wasnt looking.
A great video. Should have done one myself. Didn't know there were so few.
the QR codes I was talking about are these...
VR Headset QR Codes –

Well if thats all you need then why spend the money on the hdmi output module and the big bucks on fatshark goggles?
The vr goggles are 20-30 bucks,is the display that much better in fat shark to spend 4-500 more?
So, I bought a regular pair of VR goggles at a Ross store for $15. Is it that others are telling you its OK to use basic VR goggles as long as you use the Litchi app? Just trying to clear this up from all the information in the threads.

So, I bought a regular pair of VR goggles at a Ross store for $15. Is it that others are telling you its OK to use basic VR goggles as long as you use the Litchi app? Just trying to clear this up from all the information in the threads.
I dont understand your question,my post you quoted has nothing to do with what you asked.I was asking why spend 400 bucks when you can spend 40,was the quality that much better.
As far as the VR goggles go,the only was they work is with the Litchi app,they will not work with DJI go.Hope that answers your question

Great info, exactly what I was looking for. Ordered a phantom 4 kit that is coming with the VR box and was not sure how to use it. Have a samsung galaxy 5 so it sounds like I'm going to need to download this app....litchi? 25 bucks seems like a lot for an app but if it allows me to fly fpv and not have to spent 250-300 for fat sharps I guess this is a good way to go.

Great info, exactly what I was looking for. Ordered a phantom 4 kit that is coming with the VR box and was not sure how to use it. Have a samsung galaxy 5 so it sounds like I'm going to need to download this app....litchi? 25 bucks seems like a lot for an app but if it allows me to fly fpv and not have to spent 250-300 for fat sharps I guess this is a good way to go.
Latency and screen seems to be the factors. Direct hdmi goggles are supposively less laggy compared to a phone connected via usb. I don't think that's much of a problem though for a phantom since fpv goggles have been used in the past for those mini quads that basically go double the speed of a phantom 4.

I see that DJI is showing some DJI-branded goggles of some kind on the various Mavic clips. Anybody know and details on that system?

I dont understand your question,my post you quoted has nothing to do with what you asked.I was asking why spend 400 bucks when you can spend 40,was the quality that much better.
As far as the VR goggles go,the only was they work is with the Litchi app,they will not work with DJI go.Hope that answers your question

I have no experience or first hand knowledge of actually using VR goggles. I am thinking of going this same route using Litchi app & BlitzWolf VR goggles.

My only thoughts about going this route without using the hdmi module along with my tablet is if you put your phone in the VR goggles, then need to access the app for any reason you have to remove it from the VR Goggles and toggle from VR mode to normal view to do anything. Hopefully no situation would arise that would need that immediate reaction in the app.

if you had the hdmi module with a second device, the pilot could watch the tablet, have access to all controls in the app while a friend/spouse/customer could wear the HeadPlay or Fat Shark goggles and enjoy the experience. Then again spending $30 for VR goggles(already own Litchi) vs $90 Hdmi Module and $249 Headplay is hard to swallow. I think I am going to have to try the $30 way first.

Just did my first experimental run with $15 vr goggles (from Ross store) and $25 Litchi app. This will suit me fine for a long time. Actually had decent clarity. As it tells you on the app though, if using a Samsung S5, can't have both DJI Go and Litchi installed on your phone for Litchi to work.

Just did my first experimental run with $15 vr goggles (from Ross store) and $25 Litchi app. This will suit me fine for a long time. Actually had decent clarity. As it tells you on the app though, if using a Samsung S5, can't have both DJI Go and Litchi installed on your phone for Litchi to work.
I have moto x 2nd gen, but had to force stop the go app in order to use litchi. But have both installed and litchi works fine.

Sent from my XT1096 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1