VR Box users please help me out

Reaction score
So I bought a pair of VR Box 3D glasses to use with my P3A, iPhone 6 plus and DJI Go App. I am usually pretty good about locating information but am confused about how to split the screen or exactly how to use them. They haven't arrived yet but should be here within the next day or so.

These are my main questions:

1. How do I split the screen to use with DJI Go App?

2.Are there any other Apps that are recomended for use of these goggles? I have only used the DJI Go App and don't feel too confident using Litchi.

Thanks for your help fellow Phantom flyers.

Reactions: TheFPVdrone
So there's no way I could use these with the DJI Go app?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I've the same setup as you, I use the FPV camera app for my goggles. Love it. I have been thinking of trying the Lichti app for comparison.

Reactions: Catfish80
I have a p3a as well and had some of those vr glasses and used litchi with it. It worked really good. The camera will go up and down when you move your head up and down, and you can set it up for the drone to move too with head movements. It was pretty neat but I prefer the standard way for flying. You can see a lot better when it's sunny out using them for sure, but I felt a little trapped in there wearing them. You really can't move around cause your basically blind...lol. There's no information other then battery and distance. And when your taking off wearing them you can't really tell how close the drone is to you, and I found myself slipping them up so I can look at my surroundings again and again. But still they are pretty cool in theory and work well, just not my thing...

Reactions: Catfish80
Thanks for the input. Gonna try both of these apps.

How do you hook these goggles up to your P3A? What components are involved that you need to have?
thanks

How do you hook these goggles up to your P3A? What components are involved that you need to have?
thanks

You just plug the USB cable in to your phone and to your RC like you do anytime you fly. Only difference is that your phone is now in the headset and you are using Litchi, which converts the screen to a view that is compatible with the goggles.
I think they are a blast!
Gives it a whole new perspective.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: MarcusCoburnicus
You just plug the USB cable in to your phone and to your RC like you do anytime you fly. Only difference is that your phone is now in the headset and you are using Litchi, which converts the screen to a view that is compatible with the goggles.
I think they are a blast!
Gives it a whole new perspective.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
Wow its really that easy? Another member here told me he hooks his up to the HDMI Output Module on the RC,so now I'm even more confused...

No that's if your using real fpv goggles like fat sharks. The vr box just uses your phone as the screen

No that's if your using real fpv goggles like fat sharks. The vr box just uses your phone as the screen

Well if thats all you need then why spend the money on the hdmi output module and the big bucks on fatshark goggles?
The vr goggles are 20-30 bucks,is the display that much better in fat shark to spend 4-500 more?

My thoughts exactly. I have the HDMI module but wanted to make sure I liked it before I spend a few hundred bucks or more on a pair that has the monitor built in. I still haven't pulled the trigger on a nice pair yet.
I want will end up getting a pair so that I can have someone else watch through the goggles while I fly with my iPad.
Also, they say some of the HDMI goggle, like the head play, that the screen is huge and very good resolution. Better than using a phone I am told.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Well if thats all you need then why spend the money on the hdmi output module and the big bucks on fatshark goggles?
The vr goggles are 20-30 bucks,is the display that much better in fat shark to spend 4-500 more?

I really don't know cause I've never tried them either. Im sure there has to be some differences. Maybe somebody on here that has them can chime in...

Last night I tried my Dominator HD V2 goggles on my P3P and then tried it on my VR Park V3 goggles with my iphone 6s+ and it's the VR Park V3's for me as it gives me a better view and head tracking albeit only up and down but hey... They were $50 and I got change!

Last night I tried my Dominator HD V2 goggles on my P3P and then tried it on my VR Park V3 goggles with my iphone 6s+ and it's the VR Park V3's for me as it gives me a better view and head tracking albeit only up and down but hey... They were $50 and I got change!

May I ask which app you were using?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1