Vps sensor on or off in the dark

Reaction score
For those flying at night sometimes, do you keep the vps sensor on or off. I'm in the habit of keeping it off full time with my P3. What say you about it with the p4p during night flying? I do plan to enable it during day flying however.

When you say you have your P3 off all the time, do you mean at night or ALWAYS? I've always thought that landings would be easier with it off.

There were reported glitches with the vps in the P3 line along the way. I got mine around that time and chose to keep it off full time. But the p4p is a different bird altogether. So my original question stands. I'm not talking about OA. That I'll keep off full time regardless unless I need it for day flights. I'm questioning the bottom vps, specifically when flying at night.

You will get a message saying there isn't enough light for VPS and to be careful, so not sure it makes a lot of difference. Since VPS works so well when there is enough light, might as well leave it on. Just remember to land manually and carefully when it's dark. Think of it as landing in ATTI mode.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31