VPS On or Off

Reaction score
I was thinking for outdoor flying to leave it off. IMHO, the guy that crashed on a roof for no apparent cause could have because the VPS saw the pitched roof as the "ground" and corrected itself incorrectly.

Or would it not do that with GPS and GLONASS working.

I just keep it on all the time. It isn't as intrusive as you might think. It actually won't cause the craft to try to make drastic corrections if it detects a sudden change in the area below it. I don't know where all of these reports of crashes are coming from, but I have not had a single issue with the VPS. I'd say just keep it on. It's really useful for keeping the craft stable close to the ground.

Reactions: loganintx
Yeah and also Auto Takeoff could benefit from it as well. Thanks.

Reactions: loganintx
I only turn if off over water or surfaces the instruction manual states it will not work well

I am keeping mine off, until we know why ss errors have been thrown to people at high altitudes. I see no reason in it being on out doors, auto take off still works with it off anyway. On another note tho since the last firmware update i have not heard of anyone reporting a ss error at high altitude, so this could have been fixed, either that or the people that did get them have still got it turned off.

I am keeping mine off, until we know why ss errors have been thrown to people at high altitudes. I see no reason in it being on out doors, auto take off still works with it off anyway. On another note tho since the last firmware update i have not heard of anyone reporting a ss error at high altitude, so this could have been fixed, either that or the people that did get them have still got it turned off.

It seems that we have not heard any recent errors reported here. I'm sure part of that is because a bunch of flyers turned their VPS off. I've kept mine on and never had an error. I typically fly much higher than the VPS would be active anyway. Some wise much more experienced flyer here said, "Altitude is your friend." I'm sticking by that thinking that for now if there's a problem I can recover much better if she's up high. I have flown over water now several times and still no error.

I'll certainly chime in if I have anything show up.

Chris

It seems that we have not heard any recent errors reported here. I'm sure part of that is because a bunch of flyers turned their VPS off. I've kept mine on and never had an error. I typically fly much higher than the VPS would be active anyway. Some wise much more experienced flyer here said, "Altitude is your friend." I'm sticking by that thinking that for now if there's a problem I can recover much better if she's up high. I have flown over water now several times and still no error.

I'll certainly chime in if I have anything show up.

Chris

Yea i think this issue might have been solved in that last firmware up date as i have not heard of 1 ss error of late. Could be tho cos most still have it turned off but i think its been solved or a newbie would have reported one by now.

It seems that we have not heard any recent errors reported here. I'm sure part of that is because a bunch of flyers turned their VPS off. I've kept mine on and never had an error. I typically fly much higher than the VPS would be active anyway.

Chris

The troubling thing was the error popped up at heights it shouldn't be active.
Since turning it off 'fixed' the error and VPS is hardly missed in most flights ( and presumably uses some battery time) it may as well stay off.

Reactions: Fplvert
The weird readings, bottom right on the app just bugged me. Someone pointed that out on here and I just turned it off.

Wife does NOT like indoor flying. She's made it perfectly clear. :rolleyes:

The weird readings, bottom right on the app just bugged me. Someone pointed that out on here and I just turned it off.

Wife does NOT like indoor flying. She's made it perfectly clear. :rolleyes:

Probably a good thing. I did it once and won't do it in the house again. My office has a very open and high area which I'll try at some point.

Reactions: Fplvert

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4