Vps on or off when you are outside

Reaction score
Hello guys!

Sorry if im re posting this question again but im hoping to push the boundaries of my new p3p tomorrow so when you are flying outside do you turn on/off the vps? If you turn off the vps what are the advantages/ disadvantages when you are flying outside ? Thanks all [emoji4]

I always keep VPS off when outside. It's not effective unless close to the ground and there is a long list of scenarios where it doesn't work well. Furthermore, people have reported that it sometimes causes issues with landing and/or taking off. It was really designed for flying indoors.

Taking off outside with VPS on can cause tip overs. Leave it off.

Reactions: AmosMoses
I leave mine on never any problems - I suspect you will get a tad longer battery life with it off however.
I have only had one tipover on takeoff - too windy - uneven ground and the mat I was using lifted up with the wind. In other words my own stupid fault!

The P3 has VPS?! I forgot all about it! Sorry, laid the sarcasm out a bit thick there. I have only used it twice between the I1,P3A,and the P3P since I never fly indoors. I agree with turning it off outdoors.;)

Hmmm now you've got me thinking. I've never turned it off but I have had some landing issues. When I'm on turf I use a landing pad that's a 2 x2 square and when the craft gets within 3 feet of the pad on a decent it tends to bob up and down a bit and I have to 'force' it down a bit to land. This hasn't been an issue when landing on some other surfaces and when approaching the pad from the side it seems smoother. Going to have to do some experimenting if and when the wind dies down.

Andrew

If I want some cool footage of skimming over the ground at 3 feet at 30mph, I turn it on. Otherwise, it's off.

Thanks all ! So i was checking this yesterday and when i had vps off the p3 was not that stable n i ws scared turned it on again n noticed its more stable now. Maybe it was the wind ? Im not sure.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic