VPS follow contour?

Reaction score
Forgive me if this has been mentioned but I'm almost positive my P3P follows the contour of the ground when low enough to use the VPS. I was flying about 4' high down a slope to a pond and as the ground dropped off, the P3 adjusted altitude accordingly. I adjusted up as I continued to the pond as I did not know if this was normal.

So, is this normal or is my P3 secretly a conscious, auto-leveling entity?

Yes it does, my P3A did and so does my P3P.

Works a charm to be honest but can be scary when it is correcting itself lol

I have a video of this but was having some difficult with the PIP. Yes, UT does adjust bit not very quickly. As long as you are under 10 feet and move slow (I'd guess around 5mph or less) it will auto correct the hight. Not something I would count on though.

I've tried it and it does but you have to be pretty low for it to work and it's hard to trust it.
It's quite unpredictable over varying surfaces and ideally likes a patterned smooth surface not grass or such, which is hard to get a fix over.

I use it always on grass and find it does a great job.

I tried it once on gravel and it was struggling on gravel though but on grass and tarmac it is fantastic.

Don't judge me but I was flying above my car at a foot or two (using it as a landing pad) and the VPS was 100% doing stuff.

It would remain the same height above the roof of the car AND the hood; automatically descending to maintain 1 foot above the surface

I've tried it and it does but you have to be pretty low for it to work and it's hard to trust it.
It's quite unpredictable over varying surfaces and ideally likes a patterned smooth surface not grass or such, which is hard to get a fix over.

Agreed!. I keep mine off anyway just to eliminate any risk of it being unpredictable and doing something crazy. I fly outdoors only anyway.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr