Reaction score
On startup of the P4, I get VPS Downward Sensor Error, VPS Forward Sensor Error, and Vision sensor communication Error (10c00). The forward and downward error tell me to calibrate the sensors using DJI Assistant 2, which I have done many times. The Vision Sensor Communication Error says to restart the Aircraft and contact DJI support if the problem persists, and many many restarts have been done. about 5-10 percent of the time, the restart fixes it, but I always get the communication error even when its working. The drone is running the current firmware, and I am unable to downgrade. I didn't have this issue before I updated a few months ago, and I don't want to send it into DJI to get fixed since that takes weeks and I have heard that a lot of drones are having issues. Is anyone else having this issue? should I just wait for the next update and hope this gets fixed? Thanks for any help!
ba71d63bb416aa82fdcd19b818acd638.jpg

On startup of the P4, I get VPS Downward Sensor Error, VPS Forward Sensor Error, and Vision sensor communication Error (10c00). The forward and downward error tell me to calibrate the sensors using DJI Assistant 2, which I have done many times. The Vision Sensor Communication Error says to restart the Aircraft and contact DJI support if the problem persists, and many many restarts have been done. about 5-10 percent of the time, the restart fixes it, but I always get the communication error even when its working. The drone is running the current firmware, and I am unable to downgrade. I didn't have this issue before I updated a few months ago, and I don't want to send it into DJI to get fixed since that takes weeks and I have heard that a lot of drones are having issues. Is anyone else having this issue? should I just wait for the next update and hope this gets fixed? Thanks for any help!

I had the exact same issue as you recently with my P4. Everything had been up to date for a good while, so I do not think this issue is due to an issue with firmware, and since I was getting the errors with Litchi as well, this seems to rule out an issue with DJI GO4.

I found that if the copter sat turned on (props not running) for a while with these errors showing to the point where it warmed up, the errors would then go away with a restart. If it cooled down again, the errors would come right back. I tried refreshing the firmware, calibrating the VPS, and resetting to factory default settings. None of these steps solved the issue.

I think it is a VPS module issue, and possibly as simple as corrosion at the connector. The fact that the problem seems to go away when the copter is warm causes me to think it is a connector issue. Regardless, I ended up sending my system back to DJI Repair in CA last week, and I hope to be getting it back next week. It was fixed under warranty, and if the paperwork reveals what the fix was, I will post it here on the forum.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen