• v1.4.x

Votes: 14 17.9%
  • older than v1.4.x

Votes: 8 10.3%
  • v1.5

Votes: 5 6.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This thread should help new and possibly older users get a feel for how many are on what firmware version for their DJI Phantom 3. Please vote below — this vote closes after 7 days.
1.3.20 and see no need or desire to upgrade. Flies great and will be out of warranty May 1st anyway.

Can't vote twice unfortunately. Two birds:
P3P - 1.1.9
P3A - 1.5.0011 (beta, not release 1.5 as it doesn't have the battery/vibe issues 1.5.0030 is reported to have)

1.4 didn't what?

Here's a list of improvements since 1.3:

v1.4.0010
  1. Added Intelligent Navigation Modes including Point of Interest, Follow Me and Waypoint.
  2. The photo format now cannot be changed when the camera is in operation
v1.6.0040
  1. Improved battery reliability when using the aircraft in cold environments
  2. Optimized battery management.
My observations on those updates:
  • Update #1 for v1.4: worth the price right there to me. You don't care for extra intelligent flight modes? Okay.
  • Update #1 for v1.6: some people had their birds drop out of the sky in cold environments. Batteries could go from near-full to 0% in a moment. That sure doesn't sound perfect.to me.
  • Update #2 for v1.6: I could be wrong, but this sounds like the one that slowed the birds down. I have a hard time believing they would do that without good reason.
As for the battery issue, it seems that may have been introduced with 1.5 since very few, if anyone at all, reported this issue on earlier firmware.

As for the battery issue, it seems that may have been introduced with 1.5 since very few, if anyone at all, reported this issue on earlier firmware.

I have flown in single digits (F) using 1.1.9. Had zero battery issues.

see signature below...

1.4 didn't what?
Didnt... Run... or... Work... It originally gave lots of people disconnects or no camera function at all. I had the disconnected message and no camera like many of us and was forced to roll everything back to 1.3.20, so I stayed and it has no issues.

hello all..

i come here after reviewing other posts,, i hope i dont offend anyone if this post seem out of place. After receiving my phantom 3 professional from repair my app updated y itself to the latest, so i loaded the bird with the latest FW also. 1.07... i thought i would be able to update my remote controller but it seems i was such in an old version that i cannot update the FW on my remote control.

Does anyone know where i find all versions for the remote control so i can work my way up to where i need to be... i need 1.3.20 but i need two or three versions before that

any help is much appreciated. good day to all and greetings from Copan Ruinas, Honduras

Bird 1.5, rc 1.4.3 DJI GO 2.3. Everything run as it should. I can't vote from tapatalk...

A bit off topic but when Apple updates that's when I fear the worst. I try to stay current on everything but the most problems I've had is when I update my iPad mini.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

1.4 with dji go 2.5

no nfz for me :)

and for those like me running an out of date firmware, your quad is out of warranty. but guess what, i dont care...
I'm on the same firmware and GO app. I want to fly where and when I want and not have to ask in advance...

And yup... Warranty runs out in a month.

hello all..
Does anyone know where i find all versions for the remote control so i can work my way up to where i need to be... i need 1.3.20 but i need two or three versions before that
any help is much appreciated. good day to all and greetings from Copan Ruinas, Honduras

Everything that you need is here at the bottom of the page - DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help
You will need to download the 1.3.2 and hand load it into the rc through the P3. Then after that, all fw upgrades to the rc are made via wifi or internet through your tablet or reciever. So once 1.3.2 is in, you will be able to update online for the rest.

Thanks for your reply... Did i mention i have tried to do just that and nothing happens... i have tried the memory stick method, the thumb drive method and connecting to the gimbal method, i have tried just abuot everything to update the 1.3.20 to the remote controller it JUST DOESNT WORK FOR ME>>>
i feel because i never updated firmwares thats the reason why doesn't let me update to 1.3.20. since i dont have the required FW before 1.3.20. so in my desperation and with the help of others someone suggested i get a hold of all firmwares to get to 1.3.20...
i dont get any response from the remote controller when sticking sds ... not even the log file or the hidden misc folder log.
weird thing is that i do have total control on flying the drone.. and im able to take photos and videos.. im just not getting the live feed ov video.
anyone interested in this case?

Firmware 1.6 with DJI Go App 2.7.1
No problems with rc range , video or batteries also uses a V1 iPad Mini minimal lag no break-ups or crashes noticed yet !!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31