Volume Adjustment for P3P Remote?

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the RC volume is adjustable? I just received a replacement RC from DJI and when I turn it on it is completely silent. No start-up sound. Not that a care so much about a start-up sound but if it needs to alert me to somethin in flight I want to know ... plus I won't fly unless everything works as designed. If it's got one flaw it may have others that will have me flying into the side of a building.

There is no volume adjustment on RC to my knowledge. Better get it replaced as RC plays an important role during flights.

I share your concern. If it's not working right who knows what else isn't working right on it.

Also odd--it came with a full charge on it. All four segments lit. I've never seen one come out of the box with more than two segments. That implies to me it's been used before.

Reactions: Digdat0
The little speaker inside is probably unplugged. Either it never got plugged in at the factory or was 1/2 plugged in a rattled loose on the way from China.

Mines quite as a church mouse, never had a problem with it. It is a gl300c. seems to be just fine. I've uploaded several flights to healthy drones and almost always have 100% signal strength in the "green" all through the flight. Only once did I have an orange signal point, and that was when the quad was directly overhead, that makes perfect sense if you think about how the antenna admits the signal. Directly above is not good. do a short flight (5-600 feet out, and 100 feet up) upload the data to healthy drones and have a look at the signal data. You might be just fine.

-Bill

I'm not willing to accept "might be fine" with something that potentially becomes a brick at 400 feet. I has to work to spec.

The little speaker inside is probably unplugged. Either it never got plugged in at the factory or was 1/2 plugged in a rattled loose on the way from China.
The little speaker is soldered the the PC board. There is no unplugging it.

Then buy a new one

This is a new one. DJI support swapped it out. Anyway, no matter. After I did a firmware update the controller started working properly.

1490408613546.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan