Voltage when DJI Battery RED LED lights go?

Reaction score
I bought a voltage meter that also beeps when it reaches a certain level, its preset to warn me at 3.5 v and then beeps. Id like to set it up to where this goes off when the DJI RED battery indicator starts to go off. Havent had the chance to actually find out yet, so I was wondering if anyone knows this off hand. Thanks

You need to go into assistant software and set it to your 1st or 2nd battery warning level.

EMCSQUAR said:
You need to go into assistant software and set it to your 1st or 2nd battery warning level.[/q

The meter that i got can be adjusted to beep/warn me at a chosen number & i believe its currently set at 3.5v. I dont thinnk I should have to adjust anything on naza do I? I mean i guess i can plug it in and see what the settings are on the phantom i guess, but i was just hoping someone here would have that general number.

I don't remember what the default Phantom voltage alarm is. It's probably 10.8 or 10.7 for level 1. So that's between 3.57 and 3.6v. The alarms will probably not line up precisely for three reasons:

1. You low voltage alarm measures each cell individually. Your Phantom can't do that, it measures the entire pack voltage. So your low voltage buzzer may go off earlier if one of your cells is discharging faster than the others (this is a good thing to know about, btw).

2. The voltage at the PDB will be slightly different than the voltage at the balance leads, which is what I assume your buzzer is connected to. The additional voltage sag at the PDB may cause it to go off sooner.

3. Your voltage buzzer may not be calibrated the same as your NAZA. You can set your NAZA calibration in Assistant to minimize this.

Good luck!

OI Photography said:
ElGuano said:
The voltage at the PDB will be slightly different than the voltage at the balance leads

Do you know what the normal margin of that difference should be (roughly), or range anyway?

Depends on how much you are loading the battery, but it'll generally be quite small, on the order of 0.05v. Depending on your batteries though. 0.05v at 10.5v may be 2-3 minutes of flight (I'm looking at you, Walkera).

Since I sometime fly over the water so I have to make sure that I have enough time to bring my Phantom back safely.
I also added the buzzer type voltage meter and set it to come on "before" the first stage low voltage warning. But before that, I had to set the 1st and 2nd stage warning so that I have a minimum of 30 seconds before the self landing is activated. In addition, I also have the kitchen time velcroed onto my TX.
My current setting for the buzzer one is 3.7V.

tanasit said:
Since I sometime fly over the water so I have to make sure that I have enough time to bring my Phantom back safely.
I also added the buzzer type voltage meter and set it to come on "before" the first stage low voltage warning. But before that, I had to set the 1st and 2nd stage warning so that I have a minimum of 30 seconds before the self landing is activated. In addition, I also have the kitchen time velcroed onto my TX.

ill try that setting

tanasit said:

3.6 is the sweet spot for me, gives me ample enough time to land back espceially if the drone is at a far distance.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic