Voltage Readings on DJI App

At What Voltage Level Would You Return To Home?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• doesn't matter

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
I notice on the DJI GO App, under Battery Status, it gives read outs of each individual cell and also allows you to display the voltage on the Main Screen. My problem is I can't seem to find a definitive answer on what the voltage readings mean. Some say to start landing if the voltage hit 3.6 or thereabouts, and others say the battery can be damaged at that low. Of course, I don't want to damage the battery and fly safe, but I can't seem to get a straight answer about what the voltage reading means. I double checked the manual and it doesn't say anything about what the voltage levels mean. Most people seem to agree that the voltage reading is more accurate than the battery level percentage. Does anyone know at what voltage level you should start returning to home? I want to monitor the level on the Main Screen, but don't know what values I am looking out for. And what is the voltage level at which you would damage the battery?

Thank you very much. Any info appreciated.

Check out this thread for more details on this topic.

When flying outdoors, there are a lot of factors you have to consider to figure out the 'bingo fuel' (military parlance for the minimum required fuel to fly back to base). How far is the aircraft? How high is it? How much wind does it have to fight on its flight back? Does it need to gain altitude (and use up more battery) on its way back?

I think the algorithm built into the dynamic battery level meter in DJI Go is far better at predicting flight times compared to just looking at the voltage. If you look at the meter, the 'H' icon moves dynamically depending on how far the aircraft is from home and how much battery power is left. The 'H' indicates your 'bingo fuel'. It means, that once the green line indicating battery strength gets down to 'H', you MUST turn back.

When flying indoors (Atti), you typically don't fly too far and usually, you can land it anywhere within visual range so you can use up as much battery you can dare, maybe even down to critical level. Also in Atti, the dynamic battery level indicator will only show battery low warning and critical warning. To protect your battery, land before you reach low battery. I personally stop with around 30-40% remaining battery.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj