Reaction score
I had a bad experience with Voltage Monitor.
I was charging the batteries looking at the voltage monitor and discovered that the indication is saturating at 4.20 V which also is the maximum suggested voltage.

Unfortunately I did wait a few to shut down the charger, just to see the first battery going to 4.21V. I never saw that voltage.
When I connected my external meter (one laboratory voltmeter and one built around an Arduino) I suddenly discovered that the voltage was 4.3 V while the DJI voltage monitor was topped at 4.20.

I believe there is something wrong in my device.
Could someone confirm if it is topped at 4.20 by design?
If it is like that, I believe there is a great risk in using it to monito r battery voltage during charge phase.

Thanks a lot for your answers.
It was really interesting to continuously monitor the charge voltage using the Arduino and create graphs of the individual battery charge; it's offering a good indication of the status of the batteries.

Fully charged LIPO will be around 4.2v. I have seen mine at 4.25v, Thats normal, the 3.7v is nominal voltage and this is what you will get around 50% charge and never go below 3v. Make sure to store at 50% and fully charge on fly day (if possible) to increase battery life

Fully charged LIPO will be around 4.2v. I have seen mine at 4.25v, Thats normal, the 3.7v is nominal voltage and this is what you will get around 50% charge and never go below 3v. Make sure to store at 50% and fully charge on fly day (if possible) to increase battery life
Thanks Erised but my question is different. I need to understand if my Voltage Monitor is functioning correctly or not.
I have a set of laboratory instruments that I use for my experiments and also designed an adapter to continuously read and save the voltages while charging/discharging at different currents.
But my doubt is:
Is the original Voltage Monitor designed to stop at 4.20V?
If yes, my VM is working as per design (not very good) otherwise it could be faulty and I scìhould buy a new one.
Thanks again.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic