Voltage Drop?

Reaction score
Hey All

I had a recent flight, where i did my record on a range - 5 Kilometers with my P3A.
It was in an open field and i think i can manage even more.

But thats not the point.
Here is the video of my flight captured through my Nvidia SHield.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

YOu can see that before take off the voltage is 4.26v and couple of seconds after take off it drops to somewhere 3.9v.

Is this normal? Is there something i should do about this?

Thank you in advance!

I don't really have anwser to your question but, what a nice flight.
My longest flight was 3.5km and i was at 50% battery and came back home.

There was no wind that day. I'm just wondering how can you get 5km and be at 55% battery ?

The more you push the sticks the bigger voltage drop you will have, this is normal, too much drop can also mean your battery can't keep up anymore. By pushing the sticks you are asking for more amps to the motors and this will cause voltage drop and amperage increase (amps cause heat). Think of it like a pressure gauge (voltage) on a closed water pipe, when you open the tap the flow begins (amps) and the pressure in the pipe will drop (volts). The better the battery the less voltage drop you will have, 3.9 looks pretty normal if your moving along at a descent clip.

There is a small voltage difference between good operating charge and time to land. You should consider landing at 3.4v. The battery is completely drained at 3.0v and will turn off. So there is a big difference between 3.9 and 3.4.

What you are most likely seeing is the battery not under load, and then going to a high low. Voltage is going to drop.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan