Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Voltage cutoff

Discussion in 'Phantom 1 Discussion' started by Cajvol94, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Cajvol94

My first level seems to cutoff @3.78 to 3.8v. Can I drop that down to 3.4 or 3.5v? The Naza software is confusing to me for this option. Can't quite figure out what to load in the 3 option fields to make the cutoff at the lower levels. Anyone?

2. Cajvol94

It seems to start blinking 5-6 min into flight. Safe to drop it?

3. reALIGNed

test your batteries, they might be on their way out. 3.6 volts per cell is as low as I take mine, otherwise you can do irreversible damage.

4. ElGuano

As reA says, you should test your batteries. If you can commit to landing as soon as you see the red flashes, you can drop level 1 to 3.6 or 3.5 loaded on most batteries. Note that this doesn't leave you a lot of time at all (like, 30 seconds to a minute) before it drops to 3.3 or 3.4, which is dangerously low for a multirotor.

5. EMCSQUAR

Depending on what your bird is loaded with. If gimbal, FPV, camera etc... you can TRY setting your warning levels at 10.8 first level & 10.6 second level but watch it & time it. The symtoms if you went to far will be - you might see a red flash occassionally then Phantom will wobble, usually a yaw to one side or the other, then she''ll spin & drop.

6. Cajvol94

So regardless where it's set the 2nd level cutoff is set at a voltage you can change. So messing with the 1st level warning won't add total flight time correct?

7. OI Photography

Correct, that one just affects when the LED warning starts blinking at you

8. Cajvol94

Ok thanks I'll just leave it alone as I was hoping to accomplish more flight time. I'll just buy a 2700mah lipo :) and upgrade my props when I wear out the cpl sets I have.