Void warranty if installing hdmi out module?

Reaction score
Looking to purchase the Headplay goggles and of course need the adapter and mini hdmi cable. I assume this will void warranty of controller? Any thoughts on the Headplay goggles with the P3A/P?

No, it will not void the warranty. You just screw it onto the back of the remote controller.

The HDMI module is a genuine DJI upgrade part, not a hack. It won't void your warranty. Just be careful with those ribbon cables.

Here's how it's installed (if you're curious):

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Reactions: thefrisbee995
Your basically gonna be using that hdmi port to connect to your vr goggles hdmi in port, so whatever you would see on your tablet would be seen on your goggles correct?

Also since the p3a has a lower bit rate, will you really see a huge issue with pixilation when using the goggles or hdmi to another monitor? And you can display both at once if I'm not mistaken correct? Being that one person can be controlling the quad watching the tablet/go app, and another person can be watching via another monitor or with goggles plugged into the hdmi out..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Msinger, are you talking about the app version, controller version, or quad version? I'm too thinking about getting the hdmi kit for goggles and possibly another screen,

My quad is version 1.5.30+

My controller is 1.6.0

App is 1.3.0. So would I be able to use this with out a fw update? I really don't wanna update because I like my quad the way it is now, and have heard nothing but horror story's with out much new excitement from newer fw updates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whatever you would see on your tablet would be seen on your goggles correct?
This video shows what the FPV video looks like:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

since the p3a has a lower bit rate, will you really see a huge issue with pixilation when using the goggles or hdmi to another monitor?
I've only tried it with my P3P. P3A users don't commonly have a good experience with FPV goggles.

you can display both at once if I'm not mistaken correct?
Yes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers