Visual Vertigo's FPV apps (FPV and 3D FPV)

Anyone try the 2.0? Is the head tracking yaw movement still only in hover?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I tried this latest version using my iPhone 6 and P3P. Head tracking (yaw and pitch) works if "F" mode, but without the remaining stick controls active. Without being able to use the additional stick controls the combined head tracking mode is useless. Further, it appears that no video is (or can be) recorded while using this app. Not sure why since there is a control for it, but no feedback indicating "recording" or "stopped". I don't really care about 3D, so all that is superfluous to me. Finally, it will also need to record flight telemetry capable/compatible to be uploaded to "healthydrones.com".
Overall, I like the ability to pull up the settings and change them right through the goggles - great idea and well implemented. I also like the ability to view "through the goggles" using the iPhone camera. Very useful during takeoff and landing.

Maybe one more significant update on that app will make it competitive.

Reactions: drummerboy7816
Hi all
If I fly 3D FPV with my iphone 6+ can I use Ipad connected to the FTDI port for external person
Thanks
Moti

I tried this latest version using my iPhone 6 and P3P. Head tracking (yaw and pitch) works if "F" mode, but without the remaining stick controls active. Without being able to use the additional stick controls the combined head tracking mode is useless. Further, it appears that no video is (or can be) recorded while using this app. Not sure why since there is a control for it, but no feedback indicating "recording" or "stopped". I don't really care about 3D, so all that is superfluous to me. Finally, it will also need to record flight telemetry capable/compatible to be uploaded to "healthydrones.com".
Overall, I like the ability to pull up the settings and change them right through the goggles - great idea and well implemented. I also like the ability to view "through the goggles" using the iPhone camera. Very useful during takeoff and landing.

Maybe one more significant update on that app will make it competitive.

Did you happen to try this with a waypoint route or heading lock or anything? I've been playing around especially with the heading lock mode as a rather brilliant substitute for both cable cam-type programs (other platforms) and a full 360-degree gimbal a la the inspire. Setting the P3 down a simple waypoint mission (at set speed) and using full pan-tilt head-tracking could theoretically be possible as all the pieces are there, and would really be handy. Especially if you're filming moving subjects...much better than pre-programming it all

Thanks for new info– I still haven't gotten around to 3D FPV and the basic FPV doesn't show any updates

EDIT: for comparison's sake, I've been playing around with FPV camera, too...and it does offer a lot more HUD info. It desperately needs smoothing controls, though. Doesn't seem to be affected by gimbal wheel settings from the DJI Go app, is slow to respond (same as the above apps) but has a pretty noticeable jerk at stop/start that has pretty much ruled it out for shooting, for me

Hi all
If I fly 3D FPV with my iphone 6+ can I use Ipad connected to the FTDI port for external person
Thanks
Moti

FTDI meaning the USB on the controller? I'm not aware of a way to have more than one iOS device wired in

Does anyone can confirm that the app in Android works with phantom 4?

Description in google play store says:
Compatible with:
- DJI Phantom 3 Standard
- DJI Phantom 3 Advanced
- DJI Phantom 3 Professional
- DJI Inspire 1 (X3, X5 and Pro)

Also on the "what's new " section says head tracking has been disabled :
- added new devices to compatibility list.
- major updates in regards to working to different Android devices.
- added permanent OSD option.
- lots of bug fixes.

Current knows issues that are related to problems with the DJI SDK:

1) Head tracking has been removed due to a DJI SDK 3.1 bug and we are waiting for DJI to fix it in order to re enable this feature.

William

So the one that costs $20 (This one) has 3 key differences that I can see (haven't forked over for it yet);
1. it does Stereo 3D extrapolation so you get some stereoscopic effect (despite have a non-stereo source...similar to what some 3D TVs will do)
2. it seems from one of their videos that you might be able to use head tracking to control the phantom's yaw...so you get full up/down/left/right capability
3. looks like they just introduced mode to switch between the phantom's camera and the phone's camera, so you can see from your own pov. Cool...I may have to try this now

The one I've tried (just FPV) is $7.99, does no stereoscopic effects, and has no yaw control that I can find. It hasn't been updated since my original post, and remains finicky. It can't seem to handle video dropout from the P3P and will freeze in a mpg-blocky mess, requiring me to switch to DJI Go in flight to regain video feed.
I have tried FPV camera now and there are some key differences:

FPV Camera:
• Much more stable
• Better, more comprehensive OSD showing most things you'd see from DJI Go
• Faster, adjustable Head tracking response
• Tracking seems limited at straight forward level regardless of whether the extra upward range is enabled in DJI Go or not
• Requires in-app purchase of the Goggles add-on ($7.99) for head tracking. There's currently a free 30-day trial for all add-ons when you buy the app

FPV:
• allows zoom-in such that you can fill each side (squarish, since it's half the phone screen) with the center of the video feed. Get to use more of the screen that way
• seems to be a little more graceful about easing to a stop, but this might just be a byproduct of being slow (or vice-versa)

* Also worth noting that while I'd like to try Litchi, it still seems to have no head tracking for the iOS version
I have Litchi for iOS and it seems to work with my iPhone 6 and a HooToo headset I found for $18 on Amazon. I haven't flown with it yet, but I have set it up and the camera definitely tracks up and down. You just need to be on the FPV screen. There is an icon in the upper right corner for a headset. You just touch it and it works including telemetry.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20