Visual sensor calibration error

Reaction score
I am trying to calibrate my visual sensors using DJI assistant 2. I can't get past the 3rd screen of instructions. It keeps telling me an error to reboot the aircraft. Any ideas?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using PhantomPilots mobile app

It is not easy. I had to do it about 15 times before I got it right. Stand still and don't move in or out. Point the ac twards the marks. The faster i went the better it was.

Sent from my SM-G935V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Are you trying the newest version of Assistant - V1.0.9? I just did this the other day on a Mac and got it on the first try. When I was done, I said wow that was easy! After reading several posts on here with people having issues, I was very nervous. Only words or advice are to keep your hands in one position and just adjust your wrists to lineup the boxes.

Reactions: Droneted
I can't even get to the calibration screen. The app keeps telling me to reboot just before the calibration tool starts. As soon as the 3rd screen of instructions comes up. DJI said to send it in, but they always say that and this is my 3rd p4 due to warranty issues.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I can't even get to the calibration screen. The app keeps telling me to reboot just before the calibration tool starts. As soon as the 3rd screen of instructions comes up. DJI said to send it in, but they always say that and this is my 3rd p4 due to warranty issues.

I had exactly the same problem. I installed the DJI Assistant on a Windows 10 laptop. When I hooked up my Mavic and tried to calibrate the visual sensors, It would always return the reboot aircraft message and not let me proceed to calibrate. I finally un-installed the software, using the control panel. Downloaded the latest ZIP file from DJI's site and saved it. Then Unzipped the file and right clicked on it to "Run as Administrator". Just to be on the safe side, I slightly changed the install directory when the dialog box came up. I got a couple permission screens that I had to allow access to the program. Once the software was installed, I again right clicked the program icon and selected "Run as Administrator" The software then let me proceed to the calibration screens. I am runnning my laptop with a second display hooked to the HDMI port and in fact, did use the external display to complete the calibration.
Good luck

Did the app tell you to do a calibration , I had the same problem couldn't get past the 3rd instruction screen. Calibration tab was grayed out ,I had downloaded the newest version of assistant on a mac book air, so after trying to calibrate 4-5 times I called dji and they told me it would let me calibrate if it did not need it. The guy didn't sound to confident in what he was telling me but I took him at his word. I did not need to calibrate just thought I would try the procedure out so I knew for when it needed it.

Yes, the app constantly harped on the drone needing calibration. When I hooked the drone to the laptop and launched DJI Assistant, it would briefly show the calibration instructions and then come up with a warning message that I needed to reboot the aircraft. Once I followed the above mentioned procedure, I was able to successfully calibrate the vision sensors. I just now hooked the drone up to my Win 10 laptop and once again was able to successfully proceed with no error message about rebooting the drone. I'm going to say that the guy giving you advice, knew not of what he spoke. It looks like I could calibrate the sensors as many times as I wished.
I know nothing of how Macs work, but I'm going to say that my problem was caused by file permission errors on Windows. I imagine the Mac also has something similar.

Yes, the app constantly harped on the drone needing calibration. When I hooked the drone to the laptop and launched DJI Assistant, it would briefly show the calibration instructions and then come up with a warning message that I needed to reboot the aircraft. Once I followed the above mentioned procedure, I was able to successfully calibrate the vision sensors. I just now hooked the drone up to my Win 10 laptop and once again was able to successfully proceed with no error message about rebooting the drone. I'm going to say that the guy giving you advice, knew not of what he spoke. It looks like I could calibrate the sensors as many times as I wished.
I know nothing of how Macs work, but I'm going to say that my problem was caused by file permission errors on Windows. I imagine the Mac also has something similar.
Glad to here you got it to work, yes I wasn't convinced he knew what he was talking about either but since I was getting no warning I let it be. Can you tell something, when you downloaded the assistant did you have to install the drivers separate or did the installation process do everything or just not mention ant thing about drivers. And you could be right about the permission errors, I turned off my firewall,& allowed downloads from any site. Beyond that my computer skills are negligible. It's probly not installed correctly

Glad to here you got it to work, yes I wasn't convinced he knew what he was talking about either but since I was getting no warning I let it be. Can you tell something, when you downloaded the assistant did you have to install the drivers separate or did the installation process do everything or just not mention ant thing about drivers. And you could be right about the permission errors, I turned off my firewall,& allowed downloads from any site. Beyond that my computer skills are negligible. It's probly not installed correctly

The install program did everything by itself but on a Win 10 machine, it did pop up a couple dialog boxes that asked for permissions to proceed. I allowed that and from that point everything seemed to go as it should. I have no idea how that would be handled on a Mac though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.