Visual positioning sensor fail

Reaction score
This is the second time the sensors have interfered with a flight. They are not faulty, but I don't need them causing the drone to buck around as I fly. Certain terrain (rough) confuses them.:

Reactions: Reed L
This is the second time the sensors have interfered with a flight. They are not faulty, but I don't need them causing the drone to buck around as I fly. Certain terrain (rough) confuses them.:

I wasn't there of course, but from the video it looks like the VPS saved you a couple of times. Then at the end it just couldn't compensate fast enough for the low altitude and you clipped the grass / flipped.
I enjoy leaving my VPS on outdoors and flying very low over ground. Its silly, but I sometimes imagine its an Apollo Lunar Module.

I had flown manually over that course recording way points. You can see it's bobbing worse and worse each time.

The lowest way points were no lower than 6 ft. when I recorded the mission. And I was keeping eyes on alt. cause I know about it being off. When I realized it wasn't going to make it I toggled P... just as it lost signal.....

I plan on (when it stops raining) flying the same mission without VPS on. To see how it does.

I plan on (when it stops raining) flying the same mission without VPS on. To see how it does.
I'd be super careful. It was skimming the top of the grass around the 1:28 mark. Maybe with VPS off it would have hit sooner. Again, just from looking at the video so it's hard to judge. Good luck sir.

Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric
Thanks Oso, Good thing speed was set to only 8mph. I may set independant speeds through that section lower. And move car a bit closer. Dirt berm was blocking signal.

I wasn't there of course, but from the video it looks like the VPS saved you a couple of times. Then at the end it just couldn't compensate fast enough for the low altitude and you clipped the grass / flipped.
I enjoy leaving my VPS on outdoors and flying very low over ground. Its silly, but I sometimes imagine its an Apollo Lunar Module.
If you like Moon missions, I mixed audio from Apollo landing in this. Near where it flipped.

Reactions: JohnnyB

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr