Visiting New Zealand Aug/Sept 2014

Reaction score
Hello all,
Im traveling to New Zealand (North and South) from Australia in August/September this year(2014) and would like to take my dji phantom 2 with me to get some flight footage.

A few questions;
1- What are the rules on flying quad copters / model aircraft in NZ?
2- Is there somewhere I can get further information on the rules?
3- Traveling with the lipo's on a plane is not allowed ive been told. Can I get a battery locally or is there another way to get batteries there?
4- If all the above can be sorted is there places others would recommend for some great flight footage? I would like to get some footage around the snow fields?

Thanks in advance for any help, comments, suggestions ;)

border3431 said:
Hello all,
Im traveling to New Zealand (North and South) from Australia in August/September this year(2014) and would like to take my dji phantom 2 with me to get some flight footage.

A few questions;
1- What are the rules on flying quad copters / model aircraft in NZ?
https://www.caa.govt.nz/
2- Is there somewhere I can get further information on the rules?
https://www.caa.govt.nz/
3- Traveling with the lipo's on a plane is not allowed ive been told. Can I get a battery locally or is there another way to get batteries there?
have you actually checked with your airline about it's policy regarding LiPo batteries? Some allow them to be carried in the cabin. Worth a check first.
4- If all the above can be sorted is there places others would recommend for some great flight footage? I would like to get some footage around the snow fields?
You'd have to ask a local as i'm in the UK.

Thanks in advance for any help, comments, suggestions ;)

have fun

bmews

Thanks for your answers BMEWS.

Reading the NZ rules its looks like as long as I'm more than 4km from and aerodrome and stay below 400ft agl I'm pretty right.

I will call the airline to find out for sure but reading their website it looks like it will be a no. I have even purchased lipo charge bags to reduce risk further.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.