Vision won't take off after update

Reaction score
After upgrading both the phantom2 and the RC to the latest firmware it will no longer take off.
I looked at some previous posts and they seemed to recommend calibrating the RC's control sticks. I had already done this as part of the firmware update, but did it again just to make sure.
Calibrated the RC both using the RC Assist software and the Phantom2 Assist software. In the software, the E channel goes up to 1000 when raise it upwards for full lift. And when I let go of the stick, it returns to 0.

Switched the Vision to NAZAM mode, using GPS and ATTI, still no lift. But when switching the manual, the phantom takes off fine. Only problem there is that I don't have the skill needed to fly it manually!

Tried calling DJI's support phone number, but surprise surprise, nobody on the other line.

Any ideas? TIA.

elmoli said:
After upgrading both the phantom2 and the RC to the latest firmware it will no longer take off.
I looked at some previous posts and they seemed to recommend calibrating the RC's control sticks. I had already done this as part of the firmware update, but did it again just to make sure.
Calibrated the RC both using the RC Assist software and the Phantom2 Assist software. In the software, the E channel goes up to 1000 when raise it upwards for full lift. And when I let go of the stick, it returns to 0.

Switched the Vision to NAZAM mode, using GPS and ATTI, still no lift. But when switching the manual, the phantom takes off fine. Only problem there is that I don't have the skill needed to fly it manually!

Tried calling DJI's support phone number, but surprise surprise, nobody on the other line.

Any ideas? TIA.

This sounds like a serious problem. Have you tried reinstalling the firmware on the controller (the P2V) and the transmitter? Also deleting the app on your mobile device and re-downloading it? I wouldn't suggest flying on manual mode unless you've flown an rc heli without a gimbal.

nashvillephantom said:
elmoli said:

Any ideas? TIA.

This sounds like a serious problem. Have you tried reinstalling the firmware on the controller (the P2V) and the transmitter? Also deleting the app on your mobile device and re-downloading it? I wouldn't suggest flying on manual mode unless you've flown an rc heli without a gimbal.

No I haven't, but I guess I could try.
Forgot to mention that I didn't upgrade the Vision camera to the newest firmware (1.1.8), but I wouldn't think that would be an issue.

elmoli said:
nashvillephantom said:
elmoli said:

Any ideas? TIA.

No I haven't, but I guess I could try.
Forgot to mention that I didn't upgrade the Vision camera to the newest firmware (1.1.8), but I wouldn't think that would be an issue.

I just did the update. It's a pretty easy process on a Mac. If you've got Windows, I've read on here that it's pretty simple too just a couple more steps.

Are you getting any error messages on the app or different LED codes?

If it lifts in manual mode but not in any other try plugging it back into the Vision Assistant and running an IMU calibration, then take it out to a nice open space and do a compass calibration as well and see if that helps.

Pull_Up said:
Are you getting any error messages on the app or different LED codes?

If it lifts in manual mode but not in any other try plugging it back into the Vision Assistant and running an IMU calibration, then take it out to a nice open space and do a compass calibration as well and see if that helps.
No, I don't see any error messages.
As far as IMU calibration, thats just pressing the button on the IMU screen isn't it? Because thats what I did. Didn't touch the phantom at all during that part.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.