Vision + wifi extender

Thank you James.
So if I pay 140 bucks for this thing I'm getting 600 extra feet of wifi right?

Supposedly it does give you 600 extra feet or so on the wifi range. Tho if you lol order from daves motors its only $129

Why wouldn't someone simply order the 50 bucks worth of product and get more out of wifi?
Can't someone order the other antennas and get more range?
So far at 700m range the vision plus wifi extender seems to be longer range then most any one is reporting they are getting when using a standard wifi repeater. and its also a lot easier then dealing with all the other extra equipment being its pretty compact and goes right on the transmitter.

But if the RE500 can even get better range when its moded to have real antennas I'd imagine the re700 could also be modded to also get further range to. Tho im not even so sure what or why the stock re700 gets more range then the stock RE500 does. Other then the fact the RE700 has copper tape shielding in the back of it and the RE500 dont. I hope to heck thats not all the extra cost is thats giving it more range cause if thats the case it would be pretty easy for some one to just slap 50 cents of copper shielding or some aluminum foil in side there RE500 which would not only help block some interference it would also help to reflect some of the signal. I sort of wish I had one of the re500s to be able to see what is really different in them.

I also have been real curios to know why DJIs lower end fC40's camera which has a very poor internal antenna design is getting the same stock range with no repeater needed as the P2V does using the re500 repeater and esp odd considering the camera on the 2pv also has what seems like much better designed antennas inside it then the fc40's cam does. and when using a kindle instead of a smart phone on the fC40 the range is way farther still at about 450 meters which is even more then most get with most wifi repeaters. and if the kindle is modded with an external antenna it gets ever farther range. just by adding a 6dbi antenna to my kindle i get about 600 meters and with a wifi booster between the kindle and the antenna Ive gotten 800m+ which is .5 miles and really making me wish the vision app could be made to also work on the kindle. Also if an external antenna is on the fc40 it should get even more range yet again. Tho sadly the visions app will not install on the kindle. But its really sucking that the lower end model can blow away the visions FPV range.

true every ones mileage may vary. even with the same set up and in similar conditions.

Tho on my fC40 im getting way more then the stated max range of the RE500 inless Im using a smart phone for the fpv then I only get about a tab bit over 100m before the phones wifi cuts out. Unless i'm using a repeater/range extender which even that dont get me as far as I can if Im using my kindle which has great wifi distance and most others that have used kindles get about the same distances. and for the most part not many are getting that distance on there unmoded visions and unmoded RE500s. Tho others are if they are great distances.

Tho I agree that now that they have the RE700s they should be just using them in the kit for the visions. more range is always better even if some one dont fly to the max limits.. and also it would be good considering if getting the max range out of an unmoded re700 on the wifi is about the same distance or better as the stock quoted flight ranges. Makes for a good match of fpv and flight range. With out having to do any modes to the extender. Tho I know me being me and also having the transmitter modded. I'm going to probably still want to mode the RE700 to tray and keep up with the flight range of my tx. Which can reach out over 1.3 miles (or about 2100m) with a directional antenna. But the antenna I mostly fly with goes about .9 miles (1440ish meters) give or take some. Depending on were i'm flying

This figures! I got mine yesterday from Dave's Motors and started the binding process and when I scan the code from the box from my Phantom, I get an error message saying it is an "Invalid Code"......errrrrr. Now, I suppose I will have to start the dreaded calling DJI to find out what is wrong. I went to compare all my serial numbers as a precaution and see that the plate from the Dronexpert gimbal is stuck on the bottom of the Vision right on top of the serial number to compare for sure. It should be the same since I bought this NEW! Anyone else get an Invalid Code?

Edit: Never mind, I put everything away and saw that my old repeater still worked just fine, so I tried to bind the old one again and it worked just fine using the scan code. I replaced with the new ER700 again and went to bind and the code worked this time. I am binded and it shows to be working just fine. I am indoors now but the camera is showing video on my iPad and it also does show the battery level on the repeater......SWEET!

dirkclod said:
If I can quit getting crazy brave and bouncing mine off the ground and other stuff I plan on going that far one day !! ;) I think what I really need is a stunt quad !!!!!

Wrap it up in industrial grade bubble wrap :lol:

So does any one know of any other place that has the re500s in stock and at a good price??

Helepal is full of crap and blowing smoke up every ones bums That tried to order one when they said they were in stock. Then they said they were out of stock and told us they would be back in stock yesterday and would ship asap. Now today they are trying to blow more smoke up our bums and saying DJI sent them re500s by mistake and they are trying to offer to send them to use instead and to refund the difference in price.

So i told them to just go and stuff them selves and was going to order from daves motors now they are out of stock. So I'm SOL there to. and would like to maybe be able to fly my vision at least once before winter is back or be able to even try out the camera I just bought to even know if it works. ughhhhhhhh

Just got a call from Dave's Motors saying that they are out of the extender. They are 2-3 weeks out from getting more.
I hope this helps someone looking for one.
Now where do I get mine!

ProfessorStein said:
Has anyone tried placing an order from DJIs store??
http://m.dji.com/products/accessories/p ... i-extender
It said "ships in 2-3 days"... which, to me, means they're in stock. But who knows.

Heck... $10 cheaper than eBay.

I would except I have an order in with Helipal who went out of stock just before my order they tell me and cannot get a refund so now have to wait until they get them back in stock and who knows when that will be. I have emailed them but they have not got back to me on an ETA.

I thought that was pretty lame when helipal not only keep ignoring me asking If I can just cancel my order when they said it was out of stock and had me wait then changed there story and said they got the 500s in by mistake. But when they tried to sell me the re500 and then said they would refund the difference in 15-23 days. Which was not to cool with me at all. It dont take 3 weeks for them to get the money out of my account So I sure as hell was not going to just let them hold my money hostage till they happen to get stock in again with on time frame of even when that would be. Then I looked at there prices of the re500's and they even went up in price sence the other day to. But them not letting me cancel an order that THEY could not get right really steamed me. Enough so that I just called my bank and will have them deal with it. My bank credited me my money back in to my account and only took about 5 minutes on the phone and now Helipal can go on my "they can just bite me list"

Got mine from Dave's today. Ordered Sunday night. Great service. No instructions in the package.

dirkclod said:
Giveem hell JJ !!!! Has anyone that has put the RE700 on their PV2 tried the app Vision+booster ?I know it says for the PV2+ but that's the range extender were using ? It might be posted somewhere in here but I have not seen it.
I asked the developer about doing just that and he said no, the app doesn't boost the re700 tx, it boosts the p2v+ camera rx instead.

My helipal order got to me in the UK from Hong Kong in 3 business days, very impressive. I binded it no problem but haven't been able to get out and try the range yet.

I shall be ordering 1 of these, hopefully next week.

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
dirkclod said:
Giveem hell JJ !!!! Has anyone that has put the RE700 on their PV2 tried the app Vision+booster ?I know it says for the PV2+ but that's the range extender were using ? It might be posted somewhere in here but I have not seen it.
I asked the developer about doing just that and he said no, the app doesn't boost the re700 tx, it boosts the p2v+ camera rx instead.

Hey, Mal... Is it true that you got an RE700 for free? Due to a DJI screwup? :D :D :D

(sorry... I haven't heard you mention that in a few hours... ) :lol:

-slinger

gunslinger said:
Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
dirkclod said:

Hey, Mal... Is it true that you got an RE700 for free? Due to a DJI screwup? :D :D :D

(sorry... I haven't heard you mention that in a few hours... ) :lol:

-slinger
Oh did I not tell you? Just in case I hadn't yeah I got an re700 for free due to a dji screw up lmao :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just tried my re700 tonight, much improved video range, getting 700 foot more or less exactly before breakup.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik