Vision + wifi extender

Just ordered an RE 700 for my P2V from Dave's Discount Motors. (Thank you Dirty Bird for the info). Good price and free shipping. I regret the time and money I wasted trying to fix my lemon of a RE 500.
Harry

I just Ordered a 700 from helipal yesterday but wish I had seen that Dave's Discount Motors had them for the same price but shipped free. Tho I didn't find that out till about an hour after I placed my order helipal and could of saved my self 20 something bucks.

Tried out the wifi booster app made for the Vision plus (I have original vision with Vision plus wifi extender). The app stated that my wifi had been "successfully boosted." I took it to same location that I used for test runs on the wifi extender to eliminate any environmental differences. Didn't see much improvement as reported with the Vision Plus owners. Perhaps it needs the wifi plus's camera for wifi transmission??? In any rate I am pleased with the wifi extender and now use a higher preview quality for my FPV when flying in the 1000 foot range or less.

According to the FAQ on the booster app it will only work at this time on the + as it makes changes to the quad not the repeater. We'll have to wait for them to get the p2v version complete regardless of which extender is being used :(

I tried to order the extender from helipal this morning but apparently they are now out of stock, so cound't order. I did find Daves Motors also and ordered from them. I had mine overnight shipped, so paid extra for the shipping, but still wasn't much more than helipal standard faster shipping which was 3 - 6 days. I just wasn't so sure doing business with a Motor company vs a known supplier of these type of parts. Still the part is the same, so I went with it.

I ordered one from helipal Sunday evening and had it at my door today. Not too bad, 2 days from Hong Kong to Pennsylvania. :D Took it for a test run and lost control signal before the camera. I was out about 2300 feet at an altitude of 350 feet. I guess I need to beef up the control now... :)

lbaker122 said:
I ordered one from helipal Sunday evening and had it at my door today. Not too bad, 2 days from Hong Kong to Pennsylvania. :D Took it for a test run and lost control signal before the camera. I was out about 2300 feet at an altitude of 350 feet. I guess I need to beef up the control now... :)

Wow that was quick. I ordered mine Monday and it is still "being packed" :(

gpauk said:
It's still cheaper to use better antennas, and / or third party repeaters....

Ok and I'm not impressed with DJI's quality control. My RE 500 had poorly soldered power leads and possibly solder bridges on the board. In fact my son urged me to buy a third party repeater. Its mostly convenience. If I knew of a small battery powered third party repeater that I could carry conveniently, I certainly would have considered buying it. I just couldn't find one. Same with the antennas. A TP-Link directional antenna provided much better FPV but made handling awkward. If I had wanted this level of technical involvement I would have purchased a Phantom 2 and added FPV, gimbol and GoPro camera.
Harry

loquacious said:
lbaker122 said:

Wow that was quick. I ordered mine Monday and it is still "being packed" :(

No wonder mine is still being "packed" contacted Helipal today and got an email back that they are out of stock and I have to wait until they get new stock in :(

No wonder mine is still being "packed" contacted Helipal today and got an email back that they are out of stock and I have to wait until they get new stock in

Oh gee how wonderful cause mine is still saying its being packed to. I would not of ordered from them other then them saying it was in stock when I ordered.

Hmmm, when I tried to order mine from Helipal, it would not even go to the page and found out it was out of stock. That was yesterday. I ordered from Dave's Motor using overnight and already got mine in. Same price as Helipal and shipping is free with normal 3 day shipping. I ordered overnight shipping as I needed mine quick as possible and anxious to install it tonight.

dastagg said:
Hmmm, when I tried to order mine from Helipal, it would not even go to the page and found out it was out of stock. That was yesterday. I ordered from Dave's Motor using overnight and already got mine in. Same price as Helipal and shipping is free with normal 3 day shipping. I ordered overnight shipping as I needed mine quick as possible and anxious to install it tonight.

You paid $129.00 for it? Right on Dave's Motor page it says for the P2V+ only... The guy selling it on Ebay for $199.00 states that it'll work on the P2V as well, which we know. Somebody should let Dave know, so he might broaden his customer base... :D

And you guys are saying "no sweat binding to it and it works a charm?"

-slinger

Just buy it off Daves motor page, but dont tell him it works with the p2v because he might broaden his prices too ;)
Binding is very simple, done in seconds. Its no sweat.
I got mine by pure chance for free, couldnt believe my luck.

Thats what was happening to me last night when I wanted to see if they were still saying it was in stock or not. and any time I would search for the item and click on the link to it. I just keep getting some page with all sorts of other stuff on it that looked like there home page or some thing with all sorts of other things for sale.

I emailed them last night asking what was up with my order and to ask if I can cancel it if its not in stock and instead I got a response that said they are supposed to be restored today and will ship as soon as they are in stock. So I had to ask if by restored today meant they were going to be restocked today. I think they said yes that they would be back in stock today but I'm not to sure really with the language thing and there translation. But they also said lol "to not a worry"

The link provided to buy from helipal doesn't show anything. help?

I think thats what they do when some thing is not in stock.

daves motors has it for the same price and also free shipping and they are not in bassakwards china.

J.James said:
The link provided to buy from helipal doesn't show anything. help?

I think thats what they do when some thing is not in stock.

daves motors has it for the same price and also free shipping and they are not in bassakwards china.

Thank you James.
So if I pay 140 bucks for this thing I'm getting 600 extra feet of wifi right?

Why wouldn't someone simply order the 50 bucks worth of product and get more out of wifi?
Can't someone order the other antennas and get more range?

dirkclod said:
Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
Just buy it off Daves motor page, but dont tell him it works with the p2v because he might broaden his prices too ;)
Binding is very simple, done in seconds. Its no sweat.
I got mine by pure chance for free, couldnt believe my luck.
JUST KEEP RUBBING IT IN MAL ;)
Did I mention I didnt even ask for one? And dji just sent me one for free? By mistake?
Just in case I didnt mention it before, here goes. ..... Dji by mistake............
:) sorry, couldnt resist ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers