Vision + wifi extender

Geoelectro said:
Does anyone know if the RE500 to RE700 swap will enable the battery % level readout in the APP?

Geo
Yep my app now shows the battery % of the re700.

Wow just got 1.331km Full fpv with my new wifi repeater. All I've done is swap the wifi repeater out from the phantom vision for the phantom vision+ wifi repeater. I could have gotten further but the control signal dropped out first. Another distance record and I'm using stock tx and pv2. Only things added are the taco gimbal which even covers 1 side of the camera that holds the fpv antenna inside and the pv2+ wifi extender (re700)
Video to follow.......

Attachments

• IMG_2014070311446.jpg
    IMG_2014070311446.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 352
  • IMG_2014070335456.jpg
    IMG_2014070335456.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 376
Here's the video the range test starts from 2:35 to 4:18.
Dollymount 1.3km full fpv distance: http://youtu.be/HXTlsGfhPwc
Excuse the jitters in the gimbal, still working on that. This is the only place ive gotten these distances, it's a sand island away from everything, ive been doing a job filming and taking pics of another golfcourse on a hill and can only get 630m which keeps breaking up

That's impressive Mal. Must be scarey sending it that far and not seeing it? :shock:

This, a gimbal and a battery (or 2) is on my want list.

Cyclone said:
That's impressive Mal. Must be scarey sending it that far and not seeing it? :shock:

This, a gimbal and a battery (or 2) is on my want list.

Ive been flying this bird every day for 6 months and she has scared me on many occasions but always came home to papa. Ive learned to trust her even through the scariest moments especially when it took her a bit longer to come home when fpv was lost and rth was in a head wind but eventually I'd hear her buzzing and I knew we were both safe. Stick to the rules of how to fly her from the start and she'll come home. Always be prepared to lose her and never let her go. If she's gone there is always the chance she'll come back. Pity we cant say the same about women lmao ;)

Think of your phantom like one of your daughter's. You dont want to let her go to that disco or night club as a teenager or 18 year old but if you stop her she'll resent you. Let her go, set the rules, let her make mistakes and she'll come back eventually to your loving arms. She'll then understand she fecked up and hopefully wont do it again and youll go to bed wiping the cold sweat off your brow :)
See phantom flying isnt too far away from parenting haha

Everyday for 6 months?? I wont let mine out in winds over 10 mph, and wont let her out of my site lol

I need to cut the cord, so to speak!! (I just dont have the balls) :D

Grow them slowly. The best aerial videos weren't made with small kahoonas. Get to trust you phantom and then just do it. You'll know when the time is right but make sure you push yoourself to that point. Youwont regret it

I also purchased the Vision Plus Wifi extender and got much further range (1100 feet as compared to 650 feet). Don't know why I never got more...must be the interference in Southern California. The binding process was a snap and yes you do get the battery percentage use of the extender in the display. Thanks to all who made this post. I had modified my older extender with the 2.4Ghz antennae but the Vision Plus produced further range with a more consistent video feed.

I've just ordered one from helipal, my re500 was modded by the previous owner with some aerials but I was only getting 100-150 metres out of it before I lost video so I'll give this a try.

One question. The VIsion + forum has a topic about a software app the boosts the WiFi Range and it has had great success (according to the posts). It is available in the Itunes store for $8.99. It only works on the Vision+. Since some of us have the Vision+ wifi extender, has anyone tried this app with their Vision (apparently you load it in after running the DJI app)?

CDStuff said:
I also purchased the Vision Plus Wifi extender and got much further range (1100 feet as compared to 650 feet). Don't know why I never got more...must be the interference in Southern California. The binding process was a snap and yes you do get the battery percentage use of the extender in the display. Thanks to all who made this post. I had modified my older extender with the 2.4Ghz antennae but the Vision Plus produced further range with a more consistent video feed.
:D I'm really impressed with this too! Glad to have found it!
CDStuff said:
One question. The VIsion + forum has a topic about a software app the boosts the WiFi Range and it has had great success (according to the posts). It is available in the Itunes store for $8.99. It only works on the Vision+. Since some of us have the Vision+ wifi extender, has anyone tried this app with their Vision (apparently you load it in after running the DJI app)?
We definitely need to try this out!
:D

I downloaded the app on my android through Google Play. It is called FPV Booster. I ran the program indoors and it worked in that it stated your booster "is now connected to Phantom Plus." Will take it out and fly tomorrow and post results. The app said it was for the Vision Plus and "running the app on other incompatible platforms may encounter unexpected results." I will chance it as I don't believe it will hamper or interfere with the actual flying with the transmitter. Any "unexpected results" would only impact the wifi video.

Geert said:
The VIsion + forum has a topic about a software app the boosts the WiFi Range and it has had great success (according to the posts). It is available in the Itunes store for $8.99.

They are working to develop also an app for the Phantom Vision.
Guess we have to be patiently.

Geert./.

I have it .. i did get more range not sure exactly how much more but within the 50-100% extra as advertised

Geert said:
loquacious said:
Hi

Did you order this to go with the standard vision or vision + ?

I want to use it with the standard vision.

Geert./.

Sounds like a great idea .. how easy is it to bind with the standard vision camera? I might have to get one myself if it does as good *** people say :)

loquacious said:
Geert said:
loquacious said:
Hi

Did you order this to go with the standard vision or vision + ?

I want to use it with the standard vision.

Geert./.

Sounds like a great idea .. how easy is it to bind with the standard vision camera? I might have to get one myself if it does as good *** people say :)

Its very easy to bind with the camera!

Ordered my 700 from helipal on Saturday, got confirmation and a tracking number today that it's on its way to the UK here. I'll let you know how I get on when it arrives.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic