Vision & Vision+ Ground Station for App Released

Reaction score
So I see we finally got it... a new main controller version (3.4) and a new app for iPhone 1.0.41

Distance for setting waypoints is limited. Other than that, seems pretty cool. I just upgraded the firmware and will be performing a test flight of it shortly. If it sucks, or I find it useless, I will be downgrading back to 1.08 to get rid of restriction on descent and remove "geofencing".

What is you experiences?

Report on Ground Station app for iPhone & firmware 3.4:

Flight characteristics: The slowed descent is annoying. Otherwise, fairly stable and an improvement over 3.2, but still not as smooth as 1.08.

Ground Station: Pretty cool. Easy to used. Restrictive distance... you cannot set waypoints outside of a DJI defined radius around your home point DJI should double the radius allow you to fly in.

If you place a bad waypoint, you either have to start over or live with it. Gives you up to 16 waypoints.

You can only control the gimbal pitch while flying, no rotation of the Phantom is possible, as far as I could tell.

You must set your waypoints up to fly in the direction you want the camera pointing. Upon reaching the waypoint, the phantom will turn and fly in the direction of the next waypoint.

Advice: Set your first waypoint close by so the Phantom climbs to altitude ASAP.

Can anyone get the Phantom to rotate while flying ground station waypoints?

no control of the quad seems to be possible, and im limited to 1600 feet in any direction, i thought DJI was advertising 5km with this? is there anyway of getting rid of the geofence? whats the **** point? i can fly it farther than 1600 feet just with the controller.....
the manual says mission distance is 3.7 miles or 5km, but i cant get it any farther out than 1650 feet when setting a waypoint. this geofence blows.....

Sketch6995 said:
the manual says mission distance is 3.7 miles or 5km, but i cant get it any farther out than 1650 feet when setting a waypoint. this geofence blows.....

The 5km mission distance refers to the total LENGTH of your flight plan, NOT how far out you can go from the starting point.

I was able to drag already established waypoints to a new location. Try it....saves you from having to start over.

DrJoe said:
Report on Ground Station app for iPhone & firmware 3.4:

Flight characteristics: The slowed descent is annoying. Otherwise, fairly stable and an improvement over 3.2, but still not as smooth as 1.08.

Ground Station: Pretty cool. Easy to used. Restrictive distance... you cannot set waypoints outside of a DJI defined radius around your home point DJI should double the radius allow you to fly in.

If you place a bad waypoint, you either have to start over or live with it. Gives you up to 16 waypoints.

You can only control the gimbal pitch while flying, no rotation of the Phantom is possible, as far as I could tell.

You must set your waypoints up to fly in the direction you want the camera pointing. Upon reaching the waypoint, the phantom will turn and fly in the direction of the next waypoint.

Advice: Set your first waypoint close by so the Phantom climbs to altitude ASAP.

Can anyone get the Phantom to rotate while flying ground station waypoints?

well that sucks, why would i want to plan a flight path of less than 1600 feet.......hell it just starts getting fun at 1600 feet.
i mean its kind of fun to watch your phantom take off by itself, but that geo-fence sucks.

Sketch6995 said:
well that sucks, why would i want to plan a flight path of less than 1600 feet.......hell it just starts getting fun at 1600 feet.
i mean its kind of fun to watch your phantom take off by itself, but that geo-fence sucks.

Yup I agree. I believe even the full-blown version of Ground Station has geofence limits.

Dirty Bird said:
Sketch6995 said:

Yup I agree. I believe even the full-blown version of Ground Station has geofence limits.

Don't think that's correct. I have the full iPad GS app (2.4GHz Data Link kit fitted to my P2V+) and I can set a waypoint route with any distances. Just set one with a first leg of 16km. Not actually set it off on the route but assume it would go.

ffb031779642b6fd4519cdf5fa5952f0.jpg

Estimated flight time: 02:32:44 :shock:
When you go, you need a much bigger battery :lol: :lol: :lol:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic