Vision+ versus Iris+

one think I've heard about the iris is that the props are hard to take on and off easily and just is not as user friendly

eyecon82 said:
one think I've heard about the iris is that the props are hard to take on and off easily and just is not as user friendly

um,same props.
this bird has more capability.
dji is becoming too greedy-when they went to smart batteries-i quit them.
love my p1 tho.

I like the Iris+ WAAAAY!!! better than the vision+ The Iris+ is very stable and very reliable. It's also easily customizable and has way better features. Sorry DJI....
3DR > DJI

I not impugning anyone's character, but I have to ask:
Why are Iris owners active on a phantom 2 board?
I'm a fairly informed enthusiast. I've seen nothing that would even make me think of switching. Maybe a m100 or P3.

I not impugning anyone's character, but I have to ask:
Why are Iris owners active on a phantom 2 board?
I'm a fairly informed enthusiast. I've seen nothing that would even make me think of switching. Maybe a m100 or P3.
@DrJoe - well this was an old thread...brought back to life by a one hit wonder...

Personally I found the thread interesting, timely if you will. The pros and then the cons for 3DR were/are resolving around Solo. Many here are looking for the best experience from their platform, how ever that is served or serviced.

Maybe should have been started in the General Discussion forum originally, but here you are...

Further, why should we not talk alternatives, I'm mean we're all friends here...you do enjoy the exchange of thoughts and ideas with friends don't you? I'm fully vested in the P2V+ and this forum. None of these conversation were beating down DJI. Just a conversation...peace!

Debate is exactly why I love the board so much.

Does the Solo have a gimbal yet?

Nope, no gimbal yet and honestly makes the eval difficult for the majority of current Solo owners. But knowing the history for the Phantom...1, 2 and now 3; it's expected to evolve as well but at hyper speed comparable timeline. I'd venture to bet by August many will have a greater respect for this platform.

I think back on the monies spent in making the P2V+ work as advertised. IIRC, you had similar issues with the wifi module. I spent well into 4 months working through my module's issue and approximately $1K in efforts to come to a resolve. Honestly I have no regrets, it has allowed me a better understanding when evaluating future platforms.

I'm not going to act as a 3DR salesperson to others. I've sold myself on what they are offering, it makes sense on so many levels for my needs. But my application maybe totally different than yours or the next guy. All I can suggest is keep an open mind and read others experiences, if interested...peace.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.