Vision + Utility Pro Not......

Reaction score
Just found out the app is not working with the recent Update.

The same thing has happened in the past and was taken care of. However, there is no guarantee it will get fixed, or how long it will take to get it worked out. But I'm sure they will get it worked. If you need the extra power for some reason and haven't updated your firmware yet, then don't.

I learned awhile back not to install new firmware until at least a week after it comes out for reasons like this one.

Well that is disappointing.

So is all the booster apps not working because of new Fw updated? Hope they get this figured out!

I installed all the updates with no problems. I used to get 3400' feet from a cliff overlooking the ocean w/o the booster app, and now only get max of 2200' feet (tested multiple times today).

My FPV Booster app doesn't work at all anymore... :( just my experience.

Is it upgrading to 3.08 that has caused this issue or is it upgrading the Vision app to the latest version that has caused this problem?

It's definitely the firmware. I have held off so far on the firmware update but my Android app updated itself automatically. I did a flight on Saturday where I had FPV working further than ever before (over 12,000'). I didn't do the same flight without the booster, but am sure that it wouldn't've worked as well un-boosted.

That's a shame as I was really hoping to buy this app but I've already done the firmware update.

Is there a way of turning the firmware back to 3.06? Or is it likely that this app will be updated to get round the problem that has been caused by 3.08?

Cheers

To my understanding now is, the main issue is with the mobile app 1.0.54.

If you have firmware v3.0.6 and app v1.0.54, you can down-grade back to v1.0.52 and it will work once again while they come up with a work around.

You can find versions to ALL phantom apps & firmware here..... http://droneslinger.com/software.html You will want to scroll to bottom of page in this case.

Suggest you guys look at installing WebUI on your wifi repeater and bird if you want to use a more permanent boosting solution that doesn't cost anything. You can find info at phantommods.info on how to install. Once done just go to the network settings and change the TX/RX power. This is all the app is doing by running a Linux command when you set select your power. I personally don't want to have to do this every single time I power up like you have to do with the app so I went down the WebUI route instead.

That is a option, for me I do not use the same power settings on each flight. Are you boosting the Range Extender and Camera? Also what are you doing for a flight logger? I use V+UP app and flytrex together on each flight.

flyNfrank said:
That is a option, for me I do not use the same power settings on each flight. Are you boosting the Range Extender and Camera? Also what are you doing for a flight logger? I use V+UP app and flytrex together on each flight.

Hi ya flyNfrank...yep, I'm boosting both. For flight logger I use Flytrex Live only. I'm not to concerned with having redundant flight logging in place especially since the Flytrex seems to work so well for me (and will be even better with the 3G).

DJI locked the tx power. Therefore, in this firmware update, the tx power can no longer be changed. This is my email to the utility pro creator:

we are taking into this problem. it is obvious that dji locked the tx power. thanks.

2014-11-04 10:31 GMT+08:00 Neil:

hey, when will the utility pro app be updated to be compatible with V1.0.54? thanks!

Best not to upgrade.

djiseller said:
DJI locked the tx power. Therefore, in this firmware update, the tx power can no longer be changed. This is my email to the utility pro creator:

we are taking into this problem. it is obvious that dji locked the tx power. thanks.

2014-11-04 10:31 GMT+08:00 Neil:

hey, when will the utility pro app be updated to be compatible with V1.0.54? thanks!

Best not to upgrade.

This is a bit confusing. Do you mean that DJI locked the wifi TX power in the aircraft with 3.06? What does 1.0.54 (vision app) have to do with wifi power boosting?

I'm getting the feeling OCATCR's people is not able to come up with a work around for the app. I've had some members ask me for help cause he doesn't return emails. I tried as well and nothing here either. :roll:

flyNfrank said:
To my understanding now is, the main issue is with the mobile app 1.0.54.

If you have firmware v3.0.6 and app v1.0.54, you can down-grade back to v1.0.52 and it will work once again while they come up with a work around.

You can find versions to ALL phantom apps & firmware here..... http://droneslinger.com/software.html You will want to scroll to bottom of page in this case.

On the droneslinger page they have all the apps and DJI assistant versions but they don't have the firmware. Is there anywhere you can get 3.06 and install it back on the phantom if you have already upgraded to 3.08?

cheers

Why do you say it is not working ??
I have 'wiconfig' (wireless-tools) installed on both the RE and camera and I can confirm changing power does actually change power..

I actually permanently have it set in some of the init.d start/reset files,so I don't need to use the app but figured I'd test the app anyways after update.. seems I have wiconfig..

I'm using a Samsung S5... and ya

Just to confirm this is the one with data logging right ?? Because the Linuxy bit on RE/camera was not touched by the firmware update!!

??

Just actually read the thread... I have 3.08 and they did NOT lock the power!! They did not touch the linuxy part of the camera or RE....
All my init files are exactly the same and I am able to change TX power, as I said in previous msg....

How are you guys verifying you can't change power ????

I don't understand what the DJI app has anything to do with this ??? or are you refering to the utlity plus app ???
I am getting completly diff results to you guys... Didn't they even say in there thread there app still works as camera/RE was not touched ???

*edit* just logged onto the camera...

changed the value to 17dbm.... below are results.. also changed to 20 dbm

root@Phantom:~# iw phy phy0 set txpower fixed 1700
root@Phantom:~# iwconfig
wlan0.sta1 IEEE 802.11bgn Mode:Secondary Tx-Power=17 dBm
RTS thr:eek:ff Fragment thr:eek:ff
Power Management:eek:n

lo no wireless extensions.

wlan0 IEEE 802.11bgn Mode:Master Tx-Power=17 dBm

root@Phantom:~# iw phy phy0 set txpower fixed 2000
root@Phantom:~# iwconfig
wlan0.sta1 IEEE 802.11bgn Mode:Secondary Tx-Power=20 dBm

lo no wireless extensions.

wlan0 IEEE 802.11bgn Mode:Master Tx-Power=20 dBm

Justin00 in your Samsung are you using app 1.0.52 or 1.0.54?

using 1.0.54 (the new one with RTH heigh etc etc)
Why would the app have any effect on the camera/RE/utility pro app ?

As I said aswell, I tested using the utility app (and verified with iwconfig) it worked, as well as typing it in manually as I showed in my message above.
Those commands I used are exactly the commands the utility pro app uses (swiped the cmds from there source code :) )

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31