Vision+ Utility Flight Logger Dashware

Re: Vision+ Utility Flight Logger Dashware Demo & help neede

Bought this app last night and tried to use it today. I can't seem to get it to do anything. Appears to let me connect to dji app and slide the logging to the on position, but then does not do anything else when I record video. Could you post step-by-step instructions, please?

I don't have the Android app and it's not yet available for iOS, so I'm making assumptions here.

If you enable logging, and it works, it should save the log files on the phone in a hidden space reserved for that app.
You'll probably need to plug the phone into your computer to access the files.

In iOS you plug in to the PC and open iTunes, go to the apps tab and there's a section for you to upload or download files to storage space for individual apps.

Jetfixer said:
Bought this app last night and tried to use it today. I can't seem to get it to do anything. Appears to let me connect to dji app and slide the logging to the on position, but then does not do anything else when I record video. Could you post step-by-step instructions, please?

Flight Logger Usage:
1. Power on both Phantom 2 Vision+ aircraft and range extender.
2. Connect your device to DJI Phantom Vision+ Wi-Fi network.
3. Open Vision+ Utility app, slide the Enable Logger switch to turn on the logger.
4. Open DJI Offical Vision app, and go to CAMERA mode.
5. Your flight details will be recorded to your device local VisionPlusUtility directory.

yes you are correct. you need to use itunes to upload the log to your computer.

cahutch said:
I don't have the Android app and it's not yet available for iOS, so I'm making assumptions here.

If you enable logging, and it works, it should save the log files on the phone in a hidden space reserved for that app.
You'll probably need to plug the phone into your computer to access the files.

In iOS you plug in to the PC and open iTunes, go to the apps tab and there's a section for you to upload or download files to storage space for individual apps.

Thanks for your advice. we will add your suggestion to the TODO list.

cahutch said:
Can you give us an idea of what kind of data you can log?

It seems to me you could have access to more data than the Flytrex system has access to.
Flytrex only connects to the GPS and has it's own separate temperature and altimeter sensors.

Your approach would seem to have access to additional information. GPS coordinates as well as whatever else is available to the DJI Vision app.
Battery voltage, Number of satellites, Loss of control link/Failsafe, etc..

Is there any additional data available for logging? Could the data stream also include user control inputs?
What about IMU data? If IMU data is available that could be helpful for diagnostics or after crash investigation.

Let me first start off by giving ocatrc a big, very big compliment.
I bought the Vision+ Utility and wanted to test out the features on my holiday in Denmark.
During my stay here the flightlogger has been enabled and now also the CH7 tilt control (although i just ordered the leverupdate, so that has to wait for a little).

I really liked the flight logger feature and have also bought a Dashware license.

One remark: i have troubles with the speed, sometimes it indicates that i am flying like 88 km/h and sometimes it very shortly shows over 100km/h
So the speeds seems to be on the high side ? Does anyone else noticed this ?
Sometimes i am just doodling around in the air accelerating, stopping turning and it indicates i am doing 20 to 30km/s
So something seems off, but it has made flying already so much nicer, thanks OCATRC !
Love your APP!

yesterday i was able to fly over 1KM away and when i lost control, i still had crisp and clear 640x480 15fps video! Thank you !

ocatcr said:
Jetfixer said:

Flight Logger Usage:
3. Open Vision+ Utility app, slide the Enable Logger switch to turn on the logger.
5. Your flight details will be recorded to your device local VisionPlusUtility directory.

Call me dumb but wth is visionplusutility directory?

Hi Bigdz,

It's the directory where the utility is installed on your device.
In my case, and Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro device.
Because i didn't know a way to get to the files using the standard android apps (call me noob) i downloaded the free tool Astro file manager.
With that i am able to browse to the directory easy and upload from there to Dropbox (or other service or email).
I just dump them in a dropboxfolder which i can then access from Dashware.

Hope this helps ?

Kind regards and happy flying...

Bigdz said:
ocatcr said:
Jetfixer said:

Flight Logger Usage:

Call me dumb but wth is visionplusutility directory?

we recommend that you download the ES File Explorer to browse the log file. for our samsung s5 phone, the log file is located at /sdcard/VisionPlsuUtility/ directory

we just read some libelous and untrue statement against our app in other posts. we would like to explain how our app reads the flight info from the phantom. after you enable logger, there is a separate openwrt server program is running on your phantom to monitor the serial port that is used by the DJI official app. this server side program send the flight info to our app and then our app record the info to a csv log file. for the flight logger, if you follow the guidance, we guarantee that there is no impact on the phantom and the DJI official app operation since our app does not change any phantom "ser2net" related config files.

Hi Ocatcr,

Would you be so kind to look at my question about the speed not being displayed correctly ?
I love the app, but my question is snowed under in the topic due to some negativity.

Hi, thanks for your support. do you mind email us the log file?

hobbybob said:
Hi Ocatcr,

Would you be so kind to look at my question about the speed not being displayed correctly ?
I love the app, but my question is snowed under in the topic due to some negativity.

When or is this going to be available for IOS

implementation is much more complicated than we thought due to many restriction on iOS platform. there re still issues need to be clarified with apple development team. once we get any progress, we will update this post.

Mori55 said:
When or is this going to be available for IOS

Does this utility log GPS co-ordinates to allow you to show the mini map from dash ware in your video as well?

All the video examples I see use the same gauge set and the same information displayed. Does it only log certain data or?

Shout out to RC Taco in my video posted below... Used the boost feature at full 100mw and enabled data logging ... The VisionPlusUtility directory was created and .csv file exists with data matching that of my Flytrex .csv file...

ocatcr...
Check the video at the 1:30 mark for the shout out to Vision Plus Utility Pro....

Love the app... experimenting with the data log file tomorrow so I can ditch this stupid flytrex and get it off my Phantom... extra wires and hardware ain't my thing and I'd rather not be using it at all when yours is a simple button press...

Keep up the good work sir.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie