Vision+ Utility ch7 tilt control

ToThePoint said:
tizzl10 said:
I know the feeling after my mixing up the startup of the app's. Thought it would work but yeah after rebooting => nothingness.
Bear in mind that Rome wasn't build in one day !

Love that quote... and I have confirmed the loss of H3-2D setting after reboot... which is not the fault of the app... it's the Phantom2 Tool or the newer firmware killing the overwrite.... I did some searching and I found where you are supposed to hit the return key on your keyboard to write the H3-2D setting to the Phantom permanently.... but nope... The phantom still clears it out on a reboot...

So ... from start to finish on the same battery this works very well... I flew with it just an hour ago and there is little to no lag at all and the tilt is just as smooth and steady as the app screen control has been...

But if we're gonna lose the H3-2D setting on each reboot then this becomes a little tedious...

so...

to you my friend ocatcr... On to the next fight with this beast... what version of firmware are you running sir? Do you also have to run the Phantom2 Tool for every fresh boot?

Has anybody who downgraded back to 1.08 (or whatever it was) tried this and see if the H3-2D setting will stick...?

Some more reading shows that the Phantom2 Tool may have been killed with 3.0 and that's why it won't survive a reboot...

My philosophy since the beginning...

The app issues a command as it loads to kill the 7th channel tilt via tx... you don't even have to open the camera tab... simply clicking on the app issues the command... Find a way to stonewall that command and we have the golden ticket... smooth tilt control with variable speed and less work to do as we start a flight because it will function properly without all the calibrating.

Kudos to the developer... you are pounding out the codes bro... jumping in here late and pushing out more features than any of the other booster apps in a shorter amount of time... don't pay any attention to the haters calling your app "poo"... it just shows how bad they want this and they will be cry babies when you don't serve it to them on a silver platter in a "dumbed down" version that any 4 year old can operate.... I had fun the past 24 hours sticking with this and figuring things out and flying for awhile today with my beloved 7th channel lever working in all its glory... (cool stuff right there bro)... One step at a time ... and thank you for giving it the effort you have in this short time the app has been available

wishlist

A flight app that eliminates "DJI Vision" all together

This app will contain settings for all the popular hacks ... boost strength ... encryption ... 7th channel camera tilt ... 720p 20fps FPV streaming to full screen size with telemetry and HUD... All included in one app to eliminate DJI control... you will start the app and go into settings the first time and adjust everything the way you like it ... The next time you boot up your Phantom and connect with the app it will inject all your preferences on start up and proceed straight to the camera screen ready for flight...

That's my wish for an app anyway...

If you can produce something like this then you'd be a Phantom hero around these forums...

If you can't produce something like this then stop bitching at this guy who is doing more work and releasing more features for us than anybody else out there... do something constructive and help or shut your face!!

DBS said:
ToThePoint said:
tizzl10 said:
I know the feeling after my mixing up the startup of the app's. Thought it would work but yeah after rebooting => nothingness.
Bear in mind that Rome wasn't build in one day !

Love that quote... and I have confirmed the loss of H3-2D setting after reboot... which is not the fault of the app... it's the Phantom2 Tool or the newer firmware killing the overwrite.... I did some searching and I found where you are supposed to hit the return key on your keyboard to write the H3-2D setting to the Phantom permanently.... but nope... The phantom still clears it out on a reboot...

So ... from start to finish on the same battery this works very well... I flew with it just an hour ago and there is little to no lag at all and the tilt is just as smooth and steady as the app screen control has been...

But if we're gonna lose the H3-2D setting on each reboot then this becomes a little tedious...

so...

to you my friend ocatcr... On to the next fight with this beast... what version of firmware are you running sir? Do you also have to run the Phantom2 Tool for every fresh boot?

Has anybody who downgraded back to 1.08 (or whatever it was) tried this and see if the H3-2D setting will stick...?

Some more reading shows that the Phantom2 Tool may have been killed with 3.0 and that's why it won't survive a reboot...

My philosophy since the beginning...

The app issues a command as it loads to kill the 7th channel tilt via tx... you don't even have to open the camera tab... simply clicking on the app issues the command... Find a way to stonewall that command and we have the golden ticket... smooth tilt control with variable speed and less work to do as we start a flight because it will function properly without all the calibrating.

Kudos to the developer... you are pounding out the codes bro... jumping in here late and pushing out more features than any of the other booster apps in a shorter amount of time... don't pay any attention to the haters calling your app "poo"... it just shows how bad they want this and they will be cry babies when you don't serve it to them on a silver platter in a "dumbed down" version that any 4 year old can operate.... I had fun the past 24 hours sticking with this and figuring things out and flying for awhile today with my beloved 7th channel lever working in all its glory... (cool stuff right there bro)... One step at a time ... and thank you for giving it the effort you have in this short time the app has been available

wishlist

A flight app that eliminates "DJI Vision" all together

This app will contain settings for all the popular hacks ... boost strength ... encryption ... 7th channel camera tilt ... 720p 20fps FPV streaming to full screen size with telemetry and HUD... All included in one app to eliminate DJI control... you will start the app and go into settings the first time and adjust everything the way you like it ... The next time you boot up your Phantom and connect with the app it will inject all your preferences on start up and proceed straight to the camera screen ready for flight...

That's my wish for an app anyway...

If you can produce something like this then you'd be a Phantom hero around these forums...

If you can't produce something like this then stop bitching at this guy who is doing more work and releasing more features for us than anybody else out there... do something constructive and help or shut your face!!

doesn't work as advertised, hence my wording of this app = poo. Just a few pages ago, you were singing its praises...and then you rebooted. :eek: doesn't work.

at the very least, the dev should put a disclaimer on the app that says it is not a fully functional 7ch app and is a work in progress..it is apparent that they rushed this app to be the first to release a software 7ch hack but it simply does not work after reboot. I call it as I see it.

tizzl10 said:
doesn't work as advertised, hence my wording of this app = poo. Just a few pages ago, you were singing its praises...and then you rebooted. :eek: doesn't work.

read again... I'm still singing it's praises

at the very least, the dev should put a disclaimer on the app that says it is not a fully functional 7ch app and is a work in progress..

maybe so... or maybe it works fine for him because he's on an earlier firmware and he is unaware of the problem ... maybe there will be a simple fix and you are making yourself look this way for no reason at all

it is apparent that they rushed this app to be the first to release a software 7ch hack but it simply does not work after reboot.

what is apparent to me is these guys get $h!t done...

I call it as I see it.

exactly :roll:

DBS said:
tizzl10 said:

read again... I'm still singing it's praises

at the very least, the dev should put a disclaimer on the app that says it is not a fully functional 7ch app and is a work in progress..

maybe so... or maybe it works fine for him because he's on an earlier firmware and he is unaware of the problem ... maybe there will be a simple fix and you are making yourself look this way for no reason at all

it is apparent that they rushed this app to be the first to release a software 7ch hack but it simply does not work after reboot.

what is apparent to me is these guys get $h!t done...

I call it as I see it.

exactly :roll:

get it working yet?

Sorry fellow phantom lovers ( understand freaks LMAO ).
As this is the case @ this moment, i have to use every time a PC to get it working i guess the extension cord isn't long enough to power the PC as i tend to go on site and not from home.
So as i like to keep things to basics and essence ( understand simple ) the more gear i have to move the more ist going to look as a DIY shop on the move. People may begin to think i am a professional !
Also i have to employ a secretary that works out a book sized checklist to keep track of all things done so i don't forget stuff in my deluded mind.
A laptop maybe could bring the solution, i don't own one.
If i have to start a app and set the option to ON that would work out fine but to redo every time the whole .... then i rather buy the hardware option.
Also: doing, checking and all other settings means that in the main wile the birds battery is drained from juice.

My conclusion for the app on this moment if we indeed have to go true the whole setup every time on startup.

It isn't enough for stating the app works.

ToThePoint said:
Sorry fellow phantom lovers ( understand freaks LMAO ).
As this is the case @ this moment, i have to use every time a PC to get it working i guess the extension cord isn't long enough to power the PC as i tend to go on site and not from home.
So as i like to keep things to basics and essence ( understand simple ) the more gear i have to move the more ist going to look as a DIY shop on the move. People may begin to think i am a professional !
Also i have to employ a secretary that works out a book sized checklist to keep track of all things done so i don't forget stuff in my deluded mind.
A laptop maybe could bring the solution, i don't own one.
If i have to start a app and set the option to ON that would work out fine but to redo every time the whole .... then i rather buy the hardware option.
Also: doing, checking and all other settings means that in the main wile the birds battery is drained from juice.

My conclusion for the app on this moment if we indeed have to go true the whole setup every time on startup.

It isn't enough for stating the app works.

Well said... but given this guy's track record... just give him a minute and he'll come up with the next solution :lol:

DBS said:
Well said... but given this guy's track record... just give him a minute and he'll come up with the next solution :lol:

Thats what i've written. " My conclusion for the app on this MOMENT ".
If the dji soft in the bird does indeed override the made changes then its going to be a hard deal to sneek in with the 7th channel.
If they can't solve it that way there will be a other way. It all depends on how there analyzing thinking has developed.
As i mentioned " Rome isn't build in one day " and maybe they will succeed.
I only am disappointed that its nowhere mentioned that the made changes disappear after rebooting the system.

ToThePoint said:
I only am disappointed that its nowhere mentioned that the made changes disappear after rebooting the system.

I am skeptical he even knew about that... if they did all their testing the same way I did yesterday... I was just an oversight.... I was unaware of the problem until everybody started yelling about it as well... I have a good area to fly at home... Once I had it functioning properly I just walked it outside and flew... never dawned on me that it wouldn't work on the next try.

Also... I don't think he is a native English speaker... so there may be a communication gap.. you can see that in some of the rather short explanations... He gave a specific set of instructions to enable the function... never said it was permanent... never said it wasn't... never really gave an "explain it to me like I'm five" tutorial...

I'm almost bummed that this happened too... but I don't care right now because I see this guy is on a mission to solve some of these things and pointing fingers and taking stabs at the guy isn't gonna help any of us get anything we want any sooner... I mean jeezzzz... He just came this close to nailing this!!! I'm more in the mindset of "YEAH ... right on dude ... nice try ... almost had it usable in the field... now give it another shot bro... we got yer back... we're all here watching and cheering you on"

In the mean time I can use this at home and it's pretty **** cool... I'm going out again in about a half hour to do some "filming while flying" stuff I couldn't do before with tha app control and just hoping the rest works itself out with our encouragement... better than waiting for some dude who keeps saying "next week... Three more weeks... Two more weeks... Three more weeks" and doesn't come up with anything :?

@DBS

Yes they have worked out something and yes there app is for me better than the other one and i am almost sure the app pops up in there dreams when they are asleep.
The security feature that was promised by FPVFlyer isn't implemented as off yet and was stated a few weeks ago ( it was before my holiday and i was away for 5 weeks).
As it seems to be they are working on a second app called a pro version and it isn't going to be a update to the first release off the booster app that costed euh euh $10 ?
So they are in it for the money.
I don't mind but i have now more value for my money with this app even when the 7th channel feature isn't that great ( meaning the redo stuff ).
Makes me wonder, the wifi security change is permanent as long as there is a passworth, clearing that turns the protection off.
MMMMMMMM making wild guesses again.
I always look upon things this way " I am happy with what i've got, so i will not be disappointed in what i don't have. "
The only intention from me is to indeed encourage the makers of this utility app.

Still waiting for a answer to the question " Were can i find the log when logging was activated ? "

ToThePoint said:
Still waiting for a answer to the question " Were can i find the log when logging was activated ? "

File manager... sdcard/VisionPlusUtility ... or on some file managers maybe ... device storage/VisionPlusUtility

The file will be labeled (for example) vpu2014.07.27.18.00.00.csv (if I made that file tonight at 6pm)

ToThePoint said:
Makes me wonder, the wifi security change is permanent as long as there is a passworth, clearing that turns the protection off. MMMMMMMM making wild guesses again.

Yeah... totally different ball game... The problem isn't with his app or his calibration not sticking... The problem is with the Phantom2 Tool change to H3-2D mode won't stick ... There is a lot of reading about this problem around the other Phantom Forums so hopefully something can be done with somebody else's workaround tweaked to function with P2V+ ... or just abandon this method and go after whatever it is in the app that disables ch7 in the first place... definitely not as easy as the password though.

Ocatcr If I buy the app for IOS when the tilt expansion comes available will it be an upgrade or a new app to purchase please?

FYI, downgrading to the older phantom firmware doesn't work either so don't waste your time with this. :|

only an upgrade. there is no need to buy again.

Chandlerbayou said:
Ocatcr If I buy the app for IOS when the tilt expansion comes available will it be an upgrade or a new app to purchase please?

we are not sure about your question. you stated that even the transmit power is not set because the app cannot connect to your phantom. so far we help more than 20 local customers to set up the apps while they bought the phantom vision+. we never have the problem you mentioned. where do you live? if you are in hong kong, we are willing to help.

tizzl10 said:
FYI, downgrading to the older phantom firmware doesn't work either so don't waste your time with this. :|

ocatcr said:
we are not sure about your question. you stated that even the transmit power is not set because the app cannot connect to your phantom. so far we help more than 20 local customers to set up the apps while they bought the phantom vision+. we never have the problem you mentioned. where do you live? if you are in hong kong, we are willing to help.

tizzl10 said:

you must have me confused with somebody else. I only said the 7ch doesn't work after you turn off the phantom.

also, we want to say that the free version source code is available at https://github.com/taco-rc/VisionPUtility

if you know a bit android programming, you should be able to point out whats wrong with our program and why it does not work on your phantom. we need you help debug the program.

tizzl10 said:

it is because the h2-3d mode is not saved permanently you need to set your phantom to h2-3d mode after turning it on.

tizzl10 said:
ocatcr said:

tizzl10 said:

you must have me confused with somebody else. I only said the 7ch doesn't work after you turn off the phantom.

ocatcr said:
it is because the h2-3d mode is not saved permanently you need to set your phantom to h2-3d mode after turning it on

So you are saying that you have to set the H23D mode using the tool on every time you power the phantom up?

Cocoa Beach Kiter said:
ocatcr said:
it is because the h2-3d mode is not saved permanently you need to set your phantom to h2-3d mode after turning it on

So you are saying that you have to set the H23D mode using the tool on every time you power the phantom up?

Yes .. that is the issue with the Phantom2 Tool...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic