Vision+ Utility ch7 tilt control

Mori55 said:
DBS said:
Mori55 said:
Is the tilt control smooth or steppy ?

Steppy with a bit of lag... useful for me because I will use it for FPV and spotting... not so much for the YouTube movie maker crowd.
Well I really was hoping for smooth , really don't want it if it's jerky and lagging what's the point ? I might as well stick my finer on the app at least it's smooth. I had channel 7 on my pv2 and loved it. And I've been one of the biggest pita pushing for channel 7.
Who know maybe they get it working better with a update. Or pvbooster will figure it out.

I should have made this more clear... by steppy I meant "steppy like the on screen control" ... I never really considered that very smooth because it's not like you can control the speed of the tilt... it has always been more of an on/off button for up or down with a preset speed of movement... The 7th channel works that same way.

ocatcr said:
We just have a video to show how to set it up:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suvBsSGr2Jk[/youtube]

X1 7th channel tilt Usage:
1. Power on both Phantom 2 Vision+ aircraft and range extender.
2. Connect your device to DJI Phantom Vision+ Wi-Fi network.
3. Launch the Phantom2 Tool and set to H3-2D mode.
4. Open DJI Offical Vision app, and go to CAMERA mode.
5. Open Vision+ Utility app, slide the Enable Tilt Control switch.
6. Press Start to calibrate the X1 lever, slide the lever to min and max position and then press Done.

This is almost perfect but in my opinion its lacking a few major technicalities. You need to tell us when the plane and controller need to be plugged into the computer and when they should be unplugged. Also in what sequence they should be turned on/off if at all.

If you push down on the app button and hold the button down it's not steppy.
It's steeply for me if I drag my finger to tilt it.

It looks like they got it to work but not in the way we were expecting.
What we were hoping for (I was) was that they could re-enable the 7th channel control that we have before running the app.
I expected that the app somehow disabled the 7th channel control in favor of the on screen control and that they would find a way of either undoing that or blocking it so the 7th channel control would work the way it normally does.

Unfortunately I guess that's not possible, so instead they created a workaround.
As I understand it, their app picks up the movement of the slider and then sends simulated button pushes over the WiFi link as if you had pushed the on screen button.
It's a great hack. No, It's not as good and the native control, but it's better than nothing right?

For now, if you want smooth direct servo control, you'll need to go with a 85 euro hardware solution.
http://dronexpert.nl/product/pre-order- ... no-slider/

ocatcr said:
Please make sure you calibrate the ch7 lever in our vision+ utility app.

5. Press Start to calibrate the X1 lever, slide the lever to min and max position and then press Done.

ToThePoint said:
Mori55 said:
I thought they said channel 7 was available today for android and next week for ios ?
People just like to understand that they want to believe. The creator sayed a few weeks, NOT next week.

Still figuring out how to initiate the 7th channel.
I got some result, but it was only from min to max.
No go in between.

I guess i've done that ?

Ok i set up as i write this comment.

All battery's 100% full.

Putted bat in bird and connected to PC true usb.
Startup tablet asus memo 7.
Tablet is alive, setting on wifi, remote and bird.
waiting as bird warms up, quick flashing green.
I proceed and start the h3-2d program. Got that announcement for update again.
Selected the H3-2D option, closed that program.
Open assistant V3 and no X1 is there.
ok back to the H3-2D then.
Redone that and now i see the X1 in the assistant.
Calibrated was done previous so it still works like a charm and also the camera moves 90 degrees true the whole lever movement.
Closing assistant.
Connecting true WIFI with the bird.
Starting app, x1 slider is on the left, tilt controler to ON.
Pressing on start next to calibration. The x1 slider goes to the middle and i turn the lever on the back of the remote from +1000 to -1000.
x1 slider on the app doesn't move.
i press done.
leaving the app and now dji app, camera moves true the lever but as before only a fraction of the levers movement. Also the slider to move the camera true the app is disabled.
I set everything off.
Restarting, after warm up connecting to the birds wifi.
Opening app for tilt control and that is still ON.
Opening dji app, camera, Lever = 0 result and slider in dji app working.
It still doesn't work ??????????????????????

I think I see your problem. Start out by first connecting your bird, controller and wifi as if you're about to fly. Then plug the bird and the controller into your computer and go from there. It doesn't all work unless the dji-wifi is running in the background.

Gave it a other try.
Same result, but when restarted and opening the utility app the tilt control was still on.
I set it to off and got the message that there was a error and not able to connect to the bird.
I slided it back to on and it connected to the bird.
Opened the dji app and the lever didn't work but the dji app slider to move the camera had the same behavior as the lever did.
Only a small portion of the slider was enough to move it 90 degrees.
I set the tilt control to of and restarted the dji app and the camera slider worked again as it used to work.

I am a patient human being, but this is getting pointless.

you miss this step: 4. Open DJI Offical Vision app, and go to CAMERA mode.

Closing assistant.

<<<<<<<------------------------- 4. Open DJI Offical Vision app, and go to CAMERA mode.

Pressing on start next to calibration. The x1 slider goes to the middle and i turn the lever on the back of the remote from +1000 to -1000.

ToThePoint said:
ocatcr said:
Please make sure you calibrate the ch7 lever in our vision+ utility app.

5. Press Start to calibrate the X1 lever, slide the lever to min and max position and then press Done.

I guess i've done that ?

Ok i set up as i write this comment.

All battery's 100% full.

Putted bat in bird and connected to PC true usb.
Startup tablet asus memo 7.
Tablet is alive, setting on wifi, remote and bird.
waiting as bird warms up, quick flashing green.
I proceed and start the h3-2d program. Got that announcement for update again.
Selected the H3-2D option, closed that program.
Open assistant V3 and no X1 is there.
ok back to the H3-2D then.
Redone that and now i see the X1 in the assistant.
Calibrated was done previous so it still works like a charm and also the camera moves 90 degrees true the whole lever movement.
Closing assistant.
x1 slider on the app doesn't move.
i press done.
leaving the app and now dji app, camera moves true the lever but as before only a fraction of the levers movement. Also the slider to move the camera true the app is disabled.
I set everything off.
Restarting, after warm up connecting to the birds wifi.
Opening app for tilt control and that is still ON.
Opening dji app, camera, Lever = 0 result and slider in dji app working.
It still doesn't work ??????????????????????

denofr said:
I think I see your problem. Start out by first connecting your bird, controller and wifi as if you're about to fly. Then plug the bird and the controller into your computer and go from there. It doesn't all work unless the dji-wifi is running in the background.

Giving it a shot

ou miss this step: 4. Open DJI Offical Vision app, and go to CAMERA mode.

Closing assistant.

<<<<<<<------------------------- 4. Open DJI Offical Vision app, and go to CAMERA mode.

ToThePoint said:
Gave it a other try.
Same result, but when restarted and opening the utility app the tilt control was still on.
I set it to off and got the message that there was a error and not able to connect to the bird.
Opened the dji app and the lever didn't work but the dji app slider to move the camera had the same behavior as the lever did.
I set the tilt control to of and restarted the dji app and the camera slider worked again as it used to work.

6. Press Start to calibrate the X1 lever, slide the lever to min and max position and then press Done.

For step 6, please wait a few second to allow the bar to response before pressing Done.
Also, please make sure you open the DJI Offical Vision app, and then go to step 5.

ToThePoint said:
Gave it a other try.

ocatcr said:

For step 6, please wait a few second to allow the bar to response before pressing Done.
Also, please make sure you open the DJI Offical Vision app, and then go to step 5.

ToThePoint said:
Gave it a other try.

Were in the 6 points do i connect the bird to the PC and when to i turn on the remote and does it have to be connected to the PC as well ?

X1 7th channel tilt Usage:

<<<----- you could disconnect the bird to the PC

I the 6 point were do i connect the bird to the PC and when to i turn on the remote and does it have to be connected to the PC as well ?

i noticed that sometimes when you run the Phantom 2 utility it doesn't 'take' per say. you can tell if it does when you then run the DJI Phantom Assistant and look at the basic tab. You should see 2 sliding bars X1 and X2. If you don't close that and run the other again. Your phantom wifi should be running all the while. Now shut down the assistant software, unplug the drone and controller, goto the dji app and look at the camera, start t Vision+ utility, turn on the tilt control, calibrate, leave it running but switch to the camera and see if it works.

ToThePoint said:
denofr said:

Giving it a shot

A i mentioned before i already had a wifi connection established.
Connected also the remote controller ( with the sticks ) to the PC.

@ocatrc

I had the dji official app running after all the previous steps.
Thats why i could determine that the lever worked in the FPV.

Still have the same result. Working only after setup and for just a fraction of the potentiometers range ( as i mentioned before ).
After rebooting everything = doesn't work anymore and has onlt effect upon the dji official app camera slider.

Next thing to try is to wait a few seconds as ocatrc suggested.

ocatcr said:
ou miss this step: 4. Open DJI Offical Vision app, and go to CAMERA mode.

Closing assistant.

ToThePoint said:
Gave it a other try.

This is confusing info.

Got some better results now.
Rebooting and see what happens.

I had to launch the dji app first and the the utility app for the calibration to work. So thats solved and works fine.
But after rebooting everything it was to no avail.
I tryed to run the dji app first and then setting the tilt control to on and i rebooted and run the utility app first and after that the dji app.
It does effect the dji camera control slider because it behave different when the utility app is on but no way i can use the 7th channel after rebooting.

Next option: Other PC

Same result on the other PC.
All works great untill you reboot.
The tilt control does something because the camera slider in the dji app is influenced when its active and it doesn't matter if i activate first the official or the utility app but the 7th channel isn't working anymore after rebooting.
Anyway i can now calibrate the 7th channel to its full range with the pot-meter. Due to i initiated the utility app first instead off the dji app.

As long there is no detailed explanation STEP BY STEP on how to do things its a no working solution for me.
Even the video isn't clear on the different steps to take.

As i understand it now.

Setup as you intend to fly it and ready to take off in fpv.
Connect the bird to the PC true usb cable.
Open the phantom2-tool.
Select H3-2D.
Open assistant and see if X1 is activated, if not close the assistant and reopen the phantom2-tool and check again the H3-2D box.
Reopen the assistant and check again that X1 channel is active. I did a calibration also here in the assistant.
if that works out, open the utility app.
I go to tilt controller and set it on.
I start calibration of the pot-meter and i see that the slider X1 goes from left to the right.
I press done and check in the dji app if it works and it does. The camera slider in the dji app is disabled.
And all is lost after reboot.

OK, here is the deal. I finally got it working with the DJI app open.. thought I had it nailed. I rebooted and boom..back to not working. this app is a piece of poo. :roll:

tizzl10 said:
OK, here is the deal. I finally got it working with the DJI app open.. thought I had it nailed. I rebooted and boom..back to not working. this app is a piece of poo. :roll:

I know the feeling after my mixing up the startup of the app's. Thought it would work but yeah after rebooting => nothingness.
Bear in mind that Rome wasn't build in one day !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.