Vision+ Utility ch7 tilt control

Thanks for your feedback. The app simulates the movement of the on-screen button while you move the lever. So the gimbal does not move as smooth as it does in stock H2-3D mode. We will forward your feedback to our team to see if it could be solved. Any feedback is welcome and help us keep improving.

DBS said:
I noticed the calibration has to be done with the DJI Vision app running... If only the utility app is running and the vision app hasn't been started yet... The calibration doesn't work and you get that "all the way up or all the way down" problem.

Message for ocatcr...
I noticed when I was doing the first channel 7 calibration in the Phantom 2 Assistant.... The camera would follow my controls during calibration... AND IT WAS AWESOME!!!... VERY smooth and responsive ... super fast on quick movements and as slow as you want it to be ... is there any way to get the end result functioning in that way? Is there some coding problem preventing this?

And let's be clear... I am not complaining at all... you are the first to make this happen and having the ability to tilt the camera without taking my hands off the controls is EPIC to say the least...

but **** dude.. now when I turn on my phantom... and I don't connect with the DJI app... I have this crazy smooth channel 7 tilt control that is soooo smooth and responsive it's amazing... but then the connection with the DJI Vision app screws that all up... then I run your app and calibrate etc but it isn't quite the same quality...

So yeah... my question again... do you think this can be made to work as it does in stock H2-3D mode with future updates? Or is there something preventing that from happening?

Please tell us your story. We are willing to help.

tizzl10 said:
this plain out does not work..i haven't seen a single person that has gotten this to work successfully. buyer beware..this app does not work!!

I also should mention my hp computer is using adobe to try to download the file, but no success. Really Im just computer ignorant, someone anyone help an idiot please...

ToThePoint said:
So its a very narrow working space that isn't a issue, i can fix that problem.
But if i reboot everything, all effort is lost.
Somehow the changes aren't saved

Makes sense bro... people tried the 7th channel tool back when this came out and the app overrides it...
So let's say the app has a line of code that kills the 7th channel function or whatever... This happens every time you connect to the V+ with the vision app.. so you will also have to connect with the utility app and enable it each time... I mean this is how the function has been discussed since this whole thing started gaining attention as a possible hack.

DBS said:
tizzl10 said:
this plain out does not work..i haven't seen a single person that has gotten this to work successfully. buyer beware..this app does not work!!

Dude ... don't do that just cuzz you're pissed off... you can see my post just above here and it's working fine... I've been there before with rooting my phone and flashing a ROM or whatever but it always comes down to one thing or another that I wasn't doing right... it happened to me this morning with this process but I stuck with it and figured things out and it works ... there will be complaints that this is a very mechanical and stepped tilt function but it does work if you can: #1) follow instructions #2) use some common sense and figure out where your process is failing and iron things out.

Forum reader beware... don't be spooked by the above comment... look for yourself and you can find at least a half dozen people who have this working already .

so, you are saying you have it working with full motion, flawlessly with the dji app? do you have video of this? I have followed the instructions to the T and I cannot get it working at all..would love to see how you got it working.

Hey DBS I appreciate the dropbox download but for some reason my computer says adobe cannot read the file because its either damaged or has lost information. Is there an actual site I can go to without using dropbox?

tizzl10 said:
so, you are saying you have it working with full motion, flawlessly with the dji app? do you have video of this? I have followed the instructions to the T and I cannot get it working at all..would love to see how you got it working.

Yes... that is what I'm saying... it's 11pm here.... I'm flying in the morning ... I will get video and try to go over how to get it working and problems I encountered as well as how to troubleshoot.

jasonb777 said:
Hey DBS I appreciate the dropbox download but for some reason my computer says adobe cannot read the file because its either damaged or has lost information. Is there an actual site I can go to without using dropbox?

That is the only link I am aware of... The file download is a .rar so it needs to be unzipped to function properly ... and with your admission that you are not to good with computers this is gonna be a hard road ... I suggest some Google on how to unzip a file and some serious reading are in order... or be patient and I will try to put together a tutorial tomorrow for folks who are having a bad time with this.

I think one of the problems here is that it's a pro app geared towards more of a pro user... and the developer is making some assumptions that the end user will have some background to troubleshoot the problems encountered... maybe with a better set of instructions we can get more people smoothed out and running properly but it's gonna be 16 hours (give or take) before I get something uploaded.

Hang in there... it's the first day of release for this update ... The forum will sort it out.

jasonb777 said:
What file are you trying to open with Adobe, a PDF file? Am I missing something here? Adobe doesn't download anything. You download a file and open it with Adobe, but a .rar file can't be opened by Adobe. Do a Google search for "extracting" an .rar file and you will find there are utilities that extract the needed files from a .rar file. You need a little "Computer 101" guidance, I think.

Just a brief explanation of what an .rar file is: It's a batch of files, compressed into a single file (rar extension), which needs to be extracted, thereby giving you all the files needed for the application. It saves space and makes it a lot easier to download an application. Another of the same type extension is a .zip file.

Sorry for heading off in a different direction with this post.

DBS said:
Mori55 said:
Is the tilt control smooth or steppy ?

Steppy with a bit of lag... useful for me because I will use it for FPV and spotting... not so much for the YouTube movie maker crowd.
Well I really was hoping for smooth , really don't want it if it's jerky and lagging what's the point ? I might as well stick my finer on the app at least it's smooth. I had channel 7 on my pv2 and loved it. And I've been one of the biggest pita pushing for channel 7.
Who know maybe they get it working better with a update. Or pvbooster will figure it out.

ok finally got my vision to start..look folks..if you don't want headache..stay away from this POS app at all costs. you have been warned.

Geert said:
tizzl10 said:
ok finally got my vision to start..look folks..if you don't want headache..stay away from this POS app at all costs. you have been warned.
So what happened?

What is wrong with the app?

I read that others are using this app without problems.

Geert./.

try it and you tell me.

We just have a video to show how to set it up:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suvBsSGr2Jk[/youtube]

X1 7th channel tilt Usage:
1. Power on both Phantom 2 Vision+ aircraft and range extender.
2. Connect your device to DJI Phantom Vision+ Wi-Fi network.
3. Launch the Phantom2 Tool and set to H3-2D mode.
4. Open DJI Offical Vision app, and go to CAMERA mode.
5. Open Vision+ Utility app, slide the Enable Tilt Control switch.
6. Press Start to calibrate the X1 lever, slide the lever to min and max position and then press Done.

actually our app simulates the movement of the on-screen button press while the lever is moving. our app not only includes ch7 tilt control enabler. you could try out other features such as fligher logger: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=20198

Mori55 said:
DBS said:
Mori55 said:
Is the tilt control smooth or steppy ?

Steppy with a bit of lag... useful for me because I will use it for FPV and spotting... not so much for the YouTube movie maker crowd.
Well I really was hoping for smooth , really don't want it if it's jerky and lagging what's the point ? I might as well stick my finer on the app at least it's smooth. I had channel 7 on my pv2 and loved it. And I've been one of the biggest pita pushing for channel 7.
Who know maybe they get it working better with a update. Or pvbooster will figure it out.

DBS said:
Looks like the Android app update went live this morning...

Instructions for the .rar file

https://www.dropbox.com/s/icz90nramn56mf3/phantom2-tool.rar

1 dropbox.com/phantom2-tool.rar
(Download and unzip)
2 connect your Phantom2 Vision to the computer via USB
3 start the unzipped tool you just downloaded.
4 check mark the H3 2d box ( not the vision one)
5 close tool
6 start the Naza DJI Phantom 2 Assistant
7 x1 calibrate and you're done

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.taco_rc.visionplusutilitypro

1. Power on both Phantom 2 Vision+ aircraft and range extender.
2. Connect your device to DJI Phantom Vision+ Wi-Fi network.
3 Make sure you have already launched the Phantom2 Tool and set to H3-2D mode..
4. Open Vision+ Utility app, slide the Enable Tilt Control switch.
5. Press Start to calibrate the X1 lever, slide the lever to min and max position and then press Done.
6. Open DJI Offical Vision app, and go to CAMERA mode

DBS, thanks a ton for making this so much more clear to understand.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik