Vision+ Utility ch7 tilt control

ToThePoint said:
I got some result, but it was only from min to max.
No go in between.
Need to calibrate the CH7 slider in the RC assistant. When you use it, move the slider slowly. There's not a lot of range of movement on the slider and all 90 degrees are in that range.
It's not a switch like the on screen control, if the slider is in the middle of it's range of movement, the camera should be at around 45 degrees.

cahutch said:
ToThePoint said:
No go in between.
Need to calibrate the CH7 slider in the RC assistant. When you use it, move the slider slowly. There's not a lot of range of movement on the slider and all 90 degrees are in that range.
I have the Dronexpert version so too late for me but when calibrating the slider I found I needed to do it very very slowly to get the whole range. Like cahutch says

Sorry if I am missing this, but what levers are people using for CH7, and where did you get them?

Thanks!

malacca said:
Sorry if I am missing this, but what levers are people using for CH7, and where did you get them?

Thanks!
Just do a search on eBay. I got a nice carbon fiber lever there and it will soon be installed on my transmitter, once my Phantom dries out. Took it's 5th plunge in the lake yesterday!

cahutch said:
ToThePoint said:
No go in between.
It's not a switch like the on screen control, if the slider is in the middle of it's range of movement, the camera should be at around 45 degrees.

I have a pot 5k instead of the slider.
In the assistant i see it going from -1000 to +1000.

BTW when the log is activated, were can i find the log afterwards ?

Figuring out something else now.
FPV is a mess and i will attend that first.

Hey guys, Im new to the forum so bear with me. I just here recently installed the 7th ch. lever to my phantom vision plus without knowing it wouldn't work with the app activated, anyways i bought the vision+utility app and Im having a hard time figuring out how to get all this working.First off im using an iphone (ios), don't know if thats compatible, and second I have read all the discussion forums on this and I still don't understand how to change from phantom2 mode to h3-d2 mode, im at loss any help would be great thanks...

Installed the h3-2d whatever from the zip file on the PC.
Anyway its a separate icon.
I connect the bird to the PC.
I open the H3-2D and i get a dialog box saying there is a update to V3.04.
I already did a long time ago so i select CLOSE.
I put on the tablet, bird, wifi extender, transmitter.
Once the bird flashes green rapid for the first time ( no sat indoors here ) i connect the tablet to the wifi.
I select H3-2D in the already opened program.
I open the assistant.
There is a x1 channel.
I calibrate x1 in BASIC.
I close that program.
I open the app.
I open tilt control and set it to " ON "
Calibrate there also.
I open the dji app.
Into camera.
The 7th channel works between +- 240 and 300 although within the calibration it goes from -1000 to +1000.
So its a very narrow working space that isn't a issue, i can fix that problem.
But if i reboot everything, all effort is lost.
Somehow the changes aren't saved ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Just got the app for iOS thinking that the tilt option is enabled in it. It would've been nice telling us it's only available for android in the first post. Thanks though

cahutch said:
No doubt the changes aren't saved.
I'm not sure but I don't think you have to run the program to select H2-2D every time.

You will have to run the app and enable tilt control and calibrate every time.

The made changes are no were to be found, no were includes the x1 option in the assistant.
If i reboot everything and start the assistant X1 has vanished.

Please make sure you calibrate the ch7 lever in our vision+ utility app.

5. Press Start to calibrate the X1 lever, slide the lever to min and max position and then press Done.

ToThePoint said:
Mori55 said:
I thought they said channel 7 was available today for android and next week for ios ?
People just like to understand that they want to believe. The creator sayed a few weeks, NOT next week.

Still figuring out how to initiate the 7th channel.
No go in between.

I noticed the calibration has to be done with the DJI Vision app running... If only the utility app is running and the vision app hasn't been started yet... The calibration doesn't work and you get that "all the way up or all the way down" problem.

Message for ocatcr...
I noticed when I was doing the first channel 7 calibration in the Phantom 2 Assistant.... The camera would follow my controls during calibration... AND IT WAS AWESOME!!!... VERY smooth and responsive ... super fast on quick movements and as slow as you want it to be ... is there any way to get the end result functioning in that way? Is there some coding problem preventing this?

And let's be clear... I am not complaining at all... you are the first to make this happen and having the ability to tilt the camera without taking my hands off the controls is EPIC to say the least...

but **** dude.. now when I turn on my phantom... and I don't connect with the DJI app... I have this crazy smooth channel 7 tilt control that is soooo smooth and responsive it's amazing... but then the connection with the DJI Vision app screws that all up... then I run your app and calibrate etc but it isn't quite the same quality...

So yeah... my question again... do you think this can be made to work as it does in stock H2-3D mode with future updates? Or is there something preventing that from happening?

where is the h3-d2 file everyone is talking about? I have searched all over dji site. I already have downloaded the phantom plus assistant software and the transmitter rc assistant software. I don't see any adjustment from phantom2 mode to h3-d2 mode. Any help would be appreciated.

jasonb777 said:
where is the h3-d2 file everyone is talking about? I have searched all over dji site. I already have downloaded the phantom plus assistant software and the transmitter rc assistant software. I don't see any adjustment from phantom2 mode to h3-d2 mode. Any help would be appreciated.

H3-2D tool
https://www.dropbox.com/s/icz90nramn56mf3/phantom2-tool.rar

DBS said:
Instructions for the .rar file

https://www.dropbox.com/s/icz90nramn56mf3/phantom2-tool.rar

1 dropbox.com/phantom2-tool.rar
(Download and unzip)
2 connect your Phantom2 Vision to the computer via USB
3 start the unzipped tool you just downloaded.
4 check mark the H3 2d box ( not the vision one)
5 close tool
6 start the Naza DJI Phantom 2 Assistant
7 x1 calibrate and you're done

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.taco_rc.visionplusutilitypro

1. Power on both Phantom 2 Vision+ aircraft and range extender.
2. Connect your device to DJI Phantom Vision+ Wi-Fi network.
3 Make sure you have already launched the Phantom2 Tool and set to H3-2D mode..
4. Open Vision+ Utility app, slide the Enable Tilt Control switch.
5. Press Start to calibrate the X1 lever, slide the lever to min and max position and then press Done.
6. Open DJI Offical Vision app, and go to CAMERA mode

this plain out does not work..i haven't seen a single person that has gotten this to work successfully. buyer beware..this app does not work!!

tizzl10 said:
this plain out does not work..i haven't seen a single person that has gotten this to work successfully. buyer beware..this app does not work!!

Dude ... don't do that just cuzz you're pissed off... you can see my post just above here and it's working fine... I've been there before with rooting my phone and flashing a ROM or whatever but it always comes down to one thing or another that I wasn't doing right... it happened to me this morning with this process but I stuck with it and figured things out and it works ... there will be complaints that this is a very mechanical and stepped tilt function but it does work if you can: #1) follow instructions #2) use some common sense and figure out where your process is failing and iron things out.

Forum reader beware... don't be spooked by the above comment... look for yourself and you can find at least a half dozen people who have this working already .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers