Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Vision transmitter

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Discussion' started by Timmish, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Timmish

This may be a stupid question but can I bind my Vision with say a Spektrum DX9 and just remount the wifi extender and phone holder on the DX? Am I just limited to the DJI Vision transmitter? Am I understanding right that the transmitter is still 2.4 and 5.8 for video? Thanks for any explanation.

2. colonelangus

yes you can people upgrade all the time .. simple procedure turn on phantom flip over push in red led it will turn yellow then turn on tx and wait for led to go out then your done..

3. Old Gazer

On the Vision , the wifi extender is 2.4, the controller is 5.8

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

4. macuser13

True story :D

5. Timmish

Thanks. So pretty much stuck with factory transmitter? No big deal. I have not had any issues. I appreciate the replies.

6. Gadgetking

Actually, it appears that if you put in a OrangeRX Receiver (e.g. R820 which has S.BUS, is 2.4Ghz and DSM2/DSMX) you may be able to use a Spektrum receiver.

There are YouTube clips of binding the Spektrum Transmitter to the OrangeRX receiver and then connecting the receiver to the NAZA-M thru the S.BUS.

I haven't tried it but at $18 from hobbyking.com, it looks like this may be an inexpensive way to get a better transmitter than the stock DJI one. At least it may consolidate the transmitters.