Vision test flight and short review

Reaction score
Thus far I am very happy with the vision. The part I'm thrilled about is the battery life which I am getting over 25min and roughly under 30min. I have taken the Vision out to about 250-280yards with no issues yet, aside from a flight near downtown L.A which the DJI app claimed I lost wifi signal @100 yards, but the Vision was still in my control. I noticed when tilting the camera there is a kind of fisheye vortex you can see; almost like a flex @ the center of the video, but it really doesn't bother me nor do I think it has taken away from the video quality overall. This also happens in certain conditions. I read the fisheye effect can be taken away by certain filters, might try that out. All my flights have been successful till about yesterday when I was trying to get a aerial landscape shot of downtown L.A and was flying near a power sub-station along with a decent wind; when I landed the PV it flipped and I cracked two of the rotors. Replaced the rotors and found another spot a couple miles away and it was running fine again aside from the two scuff marks (battlescars). Otherwise I'm very happy with the Vision. Looking at getting a case, a extra battery, and spare rotors. I also think in some cases the Vision camera excels over the gopros in certain landscapes, but again there is a variable with settings, etc.

Otherwise I'm waiting for DJI's claimed MAC compatible client, otherwise I might have to get parallels for my Mac. I had a buddy of mine mention how loud the PV is and my reply was "well its not military drone/stealth technology" , but after that comment I did noticed it is pretty loud "kinda", but like I said it isn't stealth tech.

Here is some footage from my test flights (watch in HD). Enjoy.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v237G_NyvfI[/youtube]

Pull_Up said:
Great cityscape in the opening sequence! Good, brave over water stuff too - I've only gone across a river up to now but that was nerve-wracking enough!

Thanks!

Yeah, the water stuff can feel sketchy. My buddy lost his Phantom (1) due to a fly away in the Pacific; he got another Phantom, but never dared the water again. I love the city scape shots of downtown L.A; currently location scouting for a safe, open, good angle spot near/close-by downtown Los Angeles. Meeting all of the above criteria is tough, lol.

Khyber said:
Thus far I am very happy with the vision. The part I'm thrilled about is the battery life which I am getting over 25min and roughly under 30min. I have taken the Vision out to about 250-280yards with no issues yet, aside from a flight near downtown L.A which the DJI app claimed I lost wifi signal @100 yards, but the Vision was still in my control. I noticed when tilting the camera there is a kind of fisheye vortex you can see; almost like a flex @ the center of the video, but it really doesn't bother me nor do I think it has taken away from the video quality overall. This also happens in certain conditions. I read the fisheye effect can be taken away by certain filters, might try that out. All my flights have been successful till about yesterday when I was trying to get a aerial landscape shot of downtown L.A and was flying near a power sub-station along with a decent wind; when I landed the PV it flipped and I cracked two of the rotors. Replaced the rotors and found another spot a couple miles away and it was running fine again aside from the two scuff marks (battlescars). Otherwise I'm very happy with the Vision. Looking at getting a case, a extra battery, and spare rotors. I also think in some cases the Vision camera excels over the gopros in certain landscapes, but again there is a variable with settings, etc.

Otherwise I'm waiting for DJI's claimed MAC compatible client, otherwise I might have to get parallels for my Mac. I had a buddy of mine mention how loud the PV is and my reply was "well its not military drone/stealth technology" , but after that comment I did noticed it is pretty loud "kinda", but like I said it isn't stealth tech.

Here is some footage from my test flights (watch in HD). Enjoy.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v237G_NyvfI[/youtube]

Nice video! I am also anxiously awaiting a MAC compatible client. What song and artist is this in the video???

Update

Today I got the dreaded "invalid battery" I then cleaned the battery terminals and tried flying again, but same invalid battery message. I hope DGI has a solution because its pretty much unsafe/unusable to use since it just drops via the pre-programmed emergency land feature.

I love it though. I knew it was too good to be "perfect" lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.