Vision+ repair vs replace and part out

Reaction score
So I'm hoping to have my Vision+ back in the near future. I'm pretty sure that it needs a new main control board. $59 and a little bit of work, not too bad. But I'm thinking, what if that doesn't fix the problem? So I got to thinking, what if I bought a new Vision and swapped the Vision plus camera and gimbal? I was going to buy another battery anyway so $779-$129=$650 investment. I'm thinking I could part out everything else and maybe not do too bad. I could sell the following parts as new.

Remote control $159 list
Wifi extender $129 list
GPS module $165 list
NAZA unit $229 list
Vision camera $499 list
Battery charger $39 list

That's $1,220 worth of stuff. Even if I only get 50% selling on ebay I've still recovered $610 of my $650 investment. I'm sure there might be some other parts I could sell and I would end up with a few extra parts for my parts box (like motors, esc's, shell, etc). Seems like a win-win.

Do you see any problems with this? Are there any other parts that I'm missing that could be sold as new? Waddaya think, good plan or not?

Thanks, but did I miss something? Reading the through the post I don't see anything that would prevent me from putting a Vision+ camera onto a Vision quad. They both use 5.8gh for control and 2.4 gh for FPV. Am I missing something ?

Assuming I get my P2V+ back sometime in the future, any other thoughts on doing this? I think the Vision and Vision+ have interchangeable parts, but maybe I'm wrong. I don't want to spent $800 only to find out I'm wrong. I've re-read dirty birds post but it doesn't really apply directly to my question.

Any more thoughts?

Don't list the parts on Ebay as new. They are used.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik