Vision Range

Reaction score
Is anyone having or had trouble with the range of the Vision? I have the range set at 1200'. I lose the connection at 650' and the Phantom returns home automatically. This is happening to me line of sight open area (field) no obstructions and the Firmware is updated to 3.04.
Any info, greatly appreciated.

Historically there seems to have been inconsistency with the Vision transmitters on the 5.8GHz - some people getting only a few hundred feet of range, some over 2,000! Mine ran out of grunt at about 1200ft, which is a little short of the 500m DJI say - but that is in ideal conditions. Have you changed the mode from CE to FCC mode - when you switch on the transmitter it will beep twice in FCC mode? This will give you higher power and therefore more range - assuming it's legal for you to do so or you're not worried about it! ;)

I put a third party antenna on mine and can now get over 2400ft on testing. However, unless you're only just under the spec I wouldn't do mods because if you can't get it even close to 500m in FCC mode (300m in CE) then it's not performing to DJI's own specs so you might want to contact the dealer you bought from to arrange for a replacement transmitter unit

it is in the FCC mode. When I first used it a couple of months back I could get 1200' and then out of no where it dropped to 600'. The aforementioned range were both at the same location. I am suspecting that something has an issue such as the final in the transmitter. Problem is I bought it from DJI direct, have you ever tried to contact them! Terrible Service!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31