Vision props?

Reaction score
I bought a set of Phantom Vision props for my Phantom 1.1.1, They are not the self tightening ones. They seem to set in low on the motors and there is about a quarter of an inch of clearance from tip of blades to the body of Phantom! Is this okay or are the self tightening ones the only ones you can use on other Phantoms and are all Phantoms the same in body size?

Also I'm still waiting on a new 2700mah battery to add more flight time but how much more will just the vision blades give in general?

phantomflyer said:
I bought a set of Phantom Vision props for my Phantom 1.1.1, They are not the self tightening ones. They seem to set in low on the motors and there is about a quarter of an inch of clearance from tip of blades to the body of Phantom! Is this okay or are the self tightening ones the only ones you can use on other Phantoms and are all Phantoms the same in body size?

Also I'm still waiting on a new 2700mah battery to add more flight time but how much more will just the vision blades give in general?

Stock Vision props are longer (9.4") than the blades on the original Phantom (8"), and as long as you can spin them freely by hand without hitting each other or the body you'll be fine (and yes the clearance gets down to about 1/2" near the middle of the body). However, you have some type of props other than the official DJI models, so be sure to double-check those clearances first.

OI Photography said:
phantomflyer said:

Stock Vision props are longer (9.4") than the blades on the original Phantom (8"), and as long as you can spin them freely by hand without hitting each other or the body you'll be fine (and yes the clearance gets down to about 1/2" near the middle of the body). However, you have some type of props other than the official DJI models, so be sure to double-check those clearances first.
Blades tip to tip clear one another so I'm good there and I started it but didn't fly it because it's snowing so all is good so far!

Now how about flight time? How much more will it give just adding those? I know it differs depending on what you have on your unit. But in general if I was using an out of the box unit and added the blades, how many mins more 2min, 5?

Putting the stock Vision props on my v1.2 Phantom (w/T-motors) pushed my avg flight time from 7min to 10.5 min w/a gopro and FPV Tx mounted. Switching to the 2700mAh MadDog batteries extended that even further to 14min.

OI Photography said:
Putting the stock Vision props on my v1.2 Phantom (w/T-motors) pushed my avg flight time from 7min to 10.5 min w/a gopro and FPV Tx mounted. Switching to the 2700mAh MadDog batteries extended that even further to 14min.
What are the advantages to the T-Motors? Also, are your Vision props the non-self tightening ones? Did you get them off E-bay from China?

I'm at 5:30 with a stock phantom battery on a Phantom 1.2; GP3, Zen, 600mw Video TX, cloverleaf antenna, iOSD, PMU, GCU, IMU.
I'm tipping the scales at around 1270grams.
With a single Maddog 2700mah battery(got 2 yesterday-tested Today), I gained roughly a little over 2 minutes, so I'm in the 7 minute range, for the 1st time ever!!!!!

Tip
: If you get the MadDog 2700mah batteries, they only go into the Phantom 1-way. Watch the video-carefully. They go in power cord first. But-you attach the power cord on the battery to the Phantom, with the label facing up-so the battery power cord is on your right. Then you twist the battery 180 degree's to the left, so now you're looking at the back of the battery. With your right hand holding the battery, use your left finger to guide the power cord into the Phantom as you slide the battery in, at an angle, from the right. Do it slowly....and you may have to make several attempts before you get it right.
It should slide all the way in, and fit just snug. You should NOT have to apply a lot of pressure to get the battery fully into the aircraft. Warning; by sliding the battery in cords first-you are putting the cords right next to the un-protected LED on the back of the Phantom. Don't push hard!!! It just fits, perfectly. IF, you have to use any force-stop!!! You're doing it wrong. Start over....and practice.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic