Vision Props

Reaction score
Just got some new Vision props (after a few too many tip overs during landing). The invoice says they are "aftermarket props that are very high quality and work well". While they look identical to DJI branded props, they don't perform like them. I tried them on and kept the PV about 10 feet off the deck. The PV was unstable (slight wobbling side to side) so I set it down. I then put on DJI props and got the usual stable performance. Tried the after market props once more and got the same unstable behavior. Not totally uncontrollable, but I wouldn't trust them at any altitude to do any serious damage. This little test should rule out just about anything on the PV.

They are balanced and seem to weigh the same as the DJI props, but I can't tell for sure since I don't have a scale with a resolution greater than 1 gram. Each prop also weighs the same (at least to the resolution of my scale.)

Think I'll stick with DJI branded props. Even if after market props did give me stable performance, they would be one more factor to consider in the event of an unexpected crash.

Just reviving an old post and maybe some insight on aftermarket props vs OEM. I got a scale with a 0.1 gram resolution and weighed OEM and aftermarket props.

The silver aftermarket props are 1.0 gram lighter than the OEMs, while the black aftermarkets are 0.6 grams lighter. Both sets of OEMS weigh 11.6 grams (+/- 0.2 grams for the limited sample size I have). Both OEM and aftermarket props look like they are balanced. As a point of reference, a 4G micro SD card weighs about 0.3 grams.

Thanks for this, I was considering aftermarkets myself but was concerned about performance etc. Many thanks for posting as I will now stick with DJI ones to ensure I don't suffer any performance issues.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj