Vision Props on a V1 Phantom.

Still curious on this. Has anyone actually done any flying with Vision props on an original Phantom? I have a set of the props, but am waiting on my new V1.1.1 phantom. Before I give it a go, I thought I'd see if anyone has actually tried this. I know there has been a lot of talk of how much better they are, but as far as I can tell it's all talk so far. Any actual numbers concerning flight time, or experience concerning maneuverability would be very much appreciated.

I will post information concerning direct comparison flight times and my impressions of and differing flight characteristics once I get my new phantom.

Dave Pitman said:
laselvasurf said:
Still curious on this. Has anyone actually done any flying with Vision props on an original Phantom?

Post #2 in this thread, Page 1

netphreak said:
They are awesome. That is all.

I saw that. But that doesn't tell us anything. I can tell by looking at them on my work bench in my shop that they are awesome. But, what does that mean for the important things like flight time? I'm sure there are plenty of people beyond me that are very interested in this... And many who don't feel like throwing away $30 if there is little or no improvements.

I just took these out for quick test and I'm impressed so far. Phantom v1.2 with FPV setup, otherwise stock weight.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271315359254?ss ... 1439.l2649

Flying a fully charged Turnigy 2200 I usually get to about 7 min before the 1st set of warnings on stock blades.

Just now, on the blades linked above, I got a full 11 min before the warning and it's extremely windy outside. Huge gusts.

With the wind I can't speak to control or smoothness or anything like this but from the seat of the pants that all seems fine. They do seem noisier than stock. Some of that can can be attributed to the wind but I really get the feeling these are quite noisy blades.

Hope that helps some people decide to try these. I'm going to order a few more sets.

hurseyc said:
I just took these out for quick test and I'm impressed so far. Phantom v1.2 with FPV setup, otherwise stock weight.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271315359254?ss ... 1439.l2649

Flying a fully charged Turnigy 2200 I usually get to about 7 min before the 1st set of warnings on stock blades.

Just now, on the blades linked above, I got a full 11 min before the warning and it's extremely windy outside. Huge gusts.

With the wind I can't speak to control or smoothness or anything like this but from the seat of the pants that all seems fine. They do seem noisier than stock. Some of that can can be attributed to the wind but I really get the feeling these are quite noisy blades.

Hope that helps some people decide to try these. I'm going to order a few more sets.

Awesome comparison. Gaining that much flight time is unbelievable! Thank you for taking the time to test them out and post your findings.

hurseyc said:
They do seem noisier than stock. Some of that can can be attributed to the wind but I really get the feeling these are quite noisy blades.

I don't have a Vision, but those that have both say the Vision is indeed way louder than the Phantom, so you are not imagining things, the are louder.

I just ordered some 9" APC MR props to see how they might work with my v1.0.0 Phantom.
relatively inexpensive, as a set of 6 props was under $20 shipped. (I'll have to ream them, but that's pretty easy).

It is interesting how the newer props seem to make a difference, and it does make some sense, as the early DJI motors even came with a sticker saying that 10" props is ideal for 3s .(8" for 4s), this suggest that the little motors are capable of turning a larger prop with more significant air movement.

Does anyone know what pitch the new Vision props are?

I just tested out my Phantom v1 with the Vision blades just now. Here is my setup:

ubSXndn.jpg

With a Gens Ace 2200 lipo I was able to get an extra minute of flight time compared to the stock blades. Warning indicator flashed at about the 8 min mark and had to land at the 9 min mark when throttling up didn't give me anymore juice.

I can't say much about the handling now as I had only 2 batteries at the time of testing and I couldnt compare between the stock and 2 blades in the same conditiions. Will try again later and report back here.

I am curious to see that someone got a 4 minute performance boost from these blades. Was that with a gimbal?

No, not with a gimbal.

The only add-ons I have on currently are the tiny FPV fatshark camera, 250mw transmitter/antenna and a carbon fiber piece that holds the transmitter outboard in back.

Otherwise completely stock and bare.

OK, tested the phantom vision blades extensively just now.

I would say they perform beautifully. Very stable flight, no unwanted yaw movements or whatever. Flight wise, not much difference from stock blades but with the added 1 minute bonus so I'm pretty pleased with that.

All gain settings were at default phantom 1 settings. Aside from the blades sounding really loud and whippy compared to the sweet sounding CF blades, I would definitely ditch the stock blades and go with these.

Hope this helps!

Thank you everyone for the feedback on the props! I'll be giving these a try later today when I get my new phantom. It won't have any gimbal or fpv setup on it to start, so I'll do some flight time test as I add each component (I have the tarot gimbal and a 250mw fpv transmitter).

I received my second phantom today, a V1.1.1 and tested out the Vision props on it. I used two Zippy Compact 2200mah 25C batteries that have been used the exact same amount (about 12x charges) and both read 99% capacity on the meter. I used another battery to warm up the IMU/get everything set so there was no difference between times.

First flight was with stock props. Flow in my front yard with GPS hold with a minor and inconsistent 3-5mph wind. First red light at 8:45. Solid red at 9:40. Switched to ATTI and cruised around a little for about 30-45 seconds (floored it) and came and landed. Battery read 11% capacity immediately after being removed from the phantom.

Second flight was with Vision props. Same exact setup, gps hold, wind ect... First red at 11:20. Solid red at 12:10. Switched to ATTI and flew around a bit almost exactly the same path as the previous flight and came back and landed. It was noticeably more responsive to throttle than the previous flight. Battery read 19% capacity immediately after being removed from the phantom.

Basically...

Stock props: 9:40
Vision props: 12:10

The Vision props do handle differently, and with the slight breeze the phantom did seem slightly less stable in gps mode. From past experience, I think by tweaking the gains a bit this can be negated. Once in ATTI mode, it flew very nicely. Seemed just as smooth as the stock phantom props. It's hard to tell for sure without a camera, but from the ground it looked good.

I hope this helps someone figure out if the vision props are worth it.

-Philip

I got my vision props in the mail yesterday. Very windy out so I couldn't do any real testing. Biggest issue for me, one prop was bent pretty good. I also noticed it was more noisy but I wasn't sure if this was due to the bent prop. I have sent a message to the seller, I don't expect much in the form of a response. But I'm happy to see people are having the results they are.

Can someone tell me what markings or stamps they see on the props. My stock ones have DJI on them, these do not. I just want to make sure that I got the real deal. Thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

PJA said:

I purchases these from this link on Saturday the 9th. They shipped Monday the 11th and I got them today the 21st. I'm in Florida. So for those of you interested, the price is dirt cheap but the shipping time is long. They get shipped to NY so if you are in that part of the country, it might be a day or two sooner. Either way, I would recommend them if you don't mind waiting. I can't verify if they are any good since I haven't flown with them yet but price was great.

I didn't notice a super huge difference in sound. It was a little louder and had more of a weed wacker sound (like it was slicing the air while the old ones sounded like they were pushing the air) but had I not read that here, I wouldn't have noticed. I liked the way it handled. It was hard to say if it extended the flight time because I never measured my flights before and I also added the zenmuse at the same time. It was much faster getting off the ground, that was for sure. With the old props, I always had one side lift up more than the other to the degree that it would sometimes tip over if I went up slowly. Not with these props, a little throttle and it jumped up. I'm thinking that this could have something to do with the increased flight time. Not as much throttle is required and in turn not as much electricity is used. The down side is that the case I made for it no longer works so I'll have to get the phantom case everyone else has. Not a total shame since that case fits my AK perfectly. I was considering upgrading my motors but I'm under the impression that they do not have the CW/CCW screw ins required for me to use these props. I would think that upgraded motors with these props would really make the phantom incredible. Toss in a double battery and I'm not sure why you would go with a vision.

I think the Tiger Motors T-Motor MN2214-11 has the CW/CCW screw ins that will work with the Vision Props. That would be the only way I'd be able to use those props, is if I upgrade my motors since I have one of the early Phantoms which have the screw caps that all turn the same way.

I think I'll wait to see what the deal is with the Phantom 2 Pro before I invest anymore in my old Phantom...

Has anyone tried to take the nuts off these props? I want to give them a try but dont have regular phantom motors so need to have a regular prop with a hole through it and use my own nuts.

Just fitted my vision props to the v1.1.1

Whoaaah!!!

flying with Zenmuse Gimbal, gopro, FPV transmitter and turnigy 2200ma 25-50C battery got 10mins 20 seconds before bringing it back in on the flashing reds.

Mixed flying with couple of hard climbs and fast runs

:)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj