Vision Props on a V1 Phantom.

Reaction score
I just ordered a set of Phantom Vision props to try on my Phantom V1.3. I'm just wondering if anyone has tried these yet. I will post my impressions once I get them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

I've been waiting for an outlet that has them available for purchase. Where'd you order yours from, may I ask?

Could someone elaborate on the exact pros (I've heard better flight time?) and any cons? I'm very interested in this as well, but would love more info before placing an order.

laselvasurf said:
Could someone elaborate on the exact pros (I've heard better flight time?) and any cons? I'm very interested in this as well, but would love more info before placing an order.

I have a set on order. They are around $30 so that is not a bad price point for what they promise. It looks like they have a larger wing surface and that means more lift. They are also self tightening which means no need for prop nuts.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1013324-REG/dji_part3_phanton_2_self_tightening_propeller.html

I am hoping that these props are at least a small part of what's helping the vision to get its 20 minute flights. I am flying a naked phantom right now but plan on putting the gopro and an fpv system on it within the next month or two.

... But does the self tightening props work on the original phantom?

diomark said:

If your prop nuts all turn in the same direction I do not think the new props will work. I think you have to have the newer version Phantom that came with 2 cw and 2 ccw rotating prop nuts.

jimandsue60 said:
diomark said:

If your prop nuts all turn in the same direction I do not think the new props will work. I think you have to have the newer version Phantom that came with 2 cw and 2 ccw rotating prop nuts.

Bummer:(

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I've got the V1.3 phantom so these props will work. The battery price on the Vision is a deal breaker for me. Its a good thing it gets 20 minute flight times, because I'd only have one. But 150 ÷ 20 = $7.50 per minute. 30 ÷ 10 = $3.00 per minute. I've got 5 batteries for my Phantom, for the same as one for the vision. I'll stick with what I have.

But anyways, does anyone have any idea how to balance these props? Will the self tightening lugs possibly come out of the props? I can't wait to try them out but I want to balance them.

silly question, but how do you see what version phantom you have?
have to log into the software?

socman said:
silly question, but how do you see what version phantom you have?
have to log into the software?
Look at the sticker on the side of the box.

Attachments

• aa.jpg
    aa.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 1,032
if you have 2 black and 2 silver lugs that hold your props, you can use the vision props. if you don't, you need two of the black lug motors.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub