Vision Positioning System: Battery Savings --- On vs Off

The incline can be pretty steep. I've posted a photo of the hill I used to test. But yes, you'd need to fly pretty slow (I'd say around 5mph) and it's not often that this type of flying should come into play. But you may find yourself accidentally flying too low and the ultrasonics could save the day.

I'd say for every foot in, this hill rises a foot. That is pretty steep.

View attachment 34905
Good to know. Thanks.

something i've noticed is that when im hovering close to the ground the p3 doesnt keep very stable. it loses a bit of altitude and seems to struggle keeping straight. only when im 1-2 meters above ground, its much better higher up. maybe the vps dont work well with the grass and leafs below?

something i've noticed is that when im hovering close to the ground the p3 doesnt keep very stable. it loses a bit of altitude and seems to struggle keeping straight. only when im 1-2 meters above ground, its much better higher up. maybe the vps dont work well with the grass and leafs below?

I'd venture to say that you just don't notice the same amount of drift when the P3 is higher up as there is less to compare it's exact position to.

I've done some testing on stability when low to the ground. I've compared how the P3 hovers with VPS on and off and if VPS over-rides GPS when the P3 is lower than 10'. What is boils down to is that I feel there is no real benefit to turning VPS off when flying outdoors (setting aside things like animals being around).

Reactions: Arvidj

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj