vision plus with prop guards case??? UK

Reaction score
Im looking for a case to put the vision plus in with prop guards, I've seen decent cases for sale in he US. but nothing really in UK / England. has anyone got any links or ideas to help.

Thanks

Just get quick disconnects , do a search for them. I wouldn't use them. I almost crashed because of them yesterday. Lookup vsr. And I was hovering.

Mine are the fixed type screwed to the motors, hit the living room window the other day, bounced across the garden and hit a tree! also had a couple of dodgy landings. props have neva been damaged so paid for themselves at least 3 times ova, so think I'm join leave them on for now. I've seen an american company but cost arm n leg, even more get shipped. so no ideas then ??

I was thinking that maybe Maplins do a flight case and you can get the foam inserts there and do the appropriate cut outs.
Alternatively, there are some photography rucksacks around into which it would snuggly fit.
I don't have prop guards but do they not just clip off?

Someone on this forum makes the clip ons cheaper Frigging case for prop guards is huge.
You know I didn't think vsr was really a problem until it happened to me.

wildebed said:
I was thinking that maybe Maplins do a flight case and you can get the foam inserts there and do the appropriate cut outs.
Alternatively, there are some photography rucksacks around into which it would snuggly fit.
I don't have prop guards but do they not just clip off?

I've read that the vision+ doesn't fit in the Maplin case :(

[I've read that the vision+ doesn't fit in the Maplin case :([/quote]
Hmm - checked them out and they are probably too small.
Going with a "carry-on" suitcase thing that has backpack straps.

I gave up looking after searching everywhere extensively. Eventually bought this one from RC Geeks and took my props off. I've ordered some quick release clips for the prop guards should I feel the need to use them in future (despite what everyone on the forum says I've never had a problem with them and they've saved my plus at least 3 or 4 times).

https://www.rcgeeks.co.uk/accessori...d-vision-plus-props-on-carry-case-orange.html

Attachments

• IMAG0170.jpg
    IMAG0170.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 451
What problems people having with the prop guards is it just that people gettin mixed up with the screws! Is it just an inexperience thing or what?

If you don't get rid of the prop guards - the rubbish bin will fit your Phantom perfectly. It's called Vortex Ring State and will crash your bird - trust me - a couple of spare props is a lot cheaper and less headache.

I have 45+ hours flying my fully loaded P2 with prop guards (I have to if I want to fly around the old airfield I work at) and have avoided crashing quite happily. It increases the risk - probably to unacceptable levels at altitude or in hot countries, but in the UK, these risks are a lot lower. VRS can be avoided by descending in loops or zigzagging. I have encountered VRS on a handful of occasions, and have always avoided crashing through releasing the throttle and moving gently forward to establish stable flight.

I had a case made by Tri-Fibre - http://www.trifibre.co.uk/poly-cases.html Mine cost £70 inc VAT and does a good job of protecting the bird when in the boot of the car. You give them the size and they make them to order in any colour you like. Mine is orange and 575mm square, so it fits a treat. It is a thin plastic case and has some flex, so no good for chucking in an aircraft hold, but otherwise is excellent.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31