Vision Plus video problem

looks more like your anti-jello cushions are working right? is there free movement of rubber cushions. If one is too tight and rigid, you get vibration translating to the camera which can cause the effect you are seeing.

Check the dampers and make sure they are firmly seated and none are torn.

Do you have anything besides the two anti-drops going through the dampers?

Check all of the gimbal cables & ribbons. Make sure all are firmly seated in their respective connectors.

Not the dampeners as the video is the same when its sitting on the table, static... I've tried all the settings, removed the top as I thought the foil mod may have been causing RFI or something, no difference.

Cable connections checked, all good. I did crash it a couple of times but no physical damage and from only from a few up.

I wish I had the wiring schematic/pin out for the camera as I would attempt to connect a different camera/gimble.

Camera not twitching, purely electronic...

I have tried the original 4 gig card again as I was using another 32gig one. no difference though.

I may have to try another just the same..

The only thing that makes me believe that isn't the problem is that the problem is visible on the iPhone as I stream it and visible again on the PC via the mini sd card.

Frustrating!!!

What I thought I saw appeared to be intermittent and slight vertical compression of the image (was I wrong?), if that is the case then I think it can only be one of two things: a faulty video processor IC or support IC (or a loose or faulty solder joint to those ICs) or a loose cable connection. I also thought I saw that the same 'compression' seemed to disappear when the Phantom was driving hard in the forward direction. If that is also the case, then the load in one direction was higher there and would also support a loose connection/joint.

The first thing I would do is check all the connections you can without violating any warranty criteria. If it is still doing the same thing, I would take it back to the retailer that sold you the Phantom.

slothead said:
What I thought I saw appeared to be intermittent and slight vertical compression of the image (was I wrong?), if that is the case then I think it can only be one of two things: a faulty video processor IC or support IC (or a loose or faulty solder joint to those ICs) or a loose cable connection. I also thought I saw that the same 'compression' seemed to disappear when the Phantom was driving hard in the forward direction. If that is also the case, then the load in one direction was higher there and would also support a loose connection/joint.

The first thing I would do is check all the connections you can without violating any warranty criteria. If it is still doing the same thing, I would take it back to the retailer that sold you the Phantom.

That sounds like a possibility. unfortunately I have modded my phantom and warranty wont apply.

I will pull the whole thing apart after I check the hard fwd acceleration again and see how the video reacts. It seems to me like the most noticeable area of the interference is on the lower portion of the screen through half way up the screen.

How would the image be compressed?

I haven't removed the foil mod and tried it , just removed the top and turned on the video, still jittery.

Like I mentioned I don't know if something inside the camera went for a **** after I crashed it a, it didn't go down hard just the same but it appears to me that it happened after that. definitely wasn't like it when I first bought it.

Your opinion is much appreciated.

GRCT42 said:
slothead said:

That sounds like a possibility. unfortunately I have modded my phantom and warranty wont apply.

I will pull the whole thing apart after I check the hard fwd acceleration again and see how the video reacts. It seems to me like the most noticeable area of the interference is on the lower portion of the screen through half way up the screen.

How would the image be compressed?

I haven't removed the foil mod and tried it , just removed the top and turned on the video, still jittery.

Like I mentioned I don't know if something inside the camera went for a **** after I crashed it a, it didn't go down hard just the same but it appears to me that it happened after that. definitely wasn't like it when I first bought it.

Your opinion is much appreciated.
GRCT, I actually don't know enough about digital image processing to be able to specifically answer your question about vertical compression. If it was back in old days (of vacuum tubes or at least cathode ray tubes) I would say it is a vertical gain issue with the TV receiver - but it isn't, so I'm probably not enough help. But I assumed that there was an analogous circuit that did the same thing in DSP. Sorry,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues