Vision Plus v3 w/o camera

Reaction score
I just got my PVP and pulled the camera off so that I can practice for a few weeks first, without risking crashing a several hundred dollar camera. I would really like to still connect my wifi to get information like battery, altitude, satellites, direction. .. etc., even if I can't see or record video with the camera detached. Shouldn't I be able to get that information on my cell phone with the Vision app, even if the camera isn't attached (for some reason I can't get it to work though)?

No ... the wifi comes from the gimbal base.
If you want to fly without the camera, you'll be flying blind with no idea of battery level, number of satellites, how high, how fast and where your Phantom is.
I know there are some that suggest this for learning but it takes about 5 minutes to learn to fly the Phantom (but a lot more practice to become proficient). It's easier to fly than any trainer quad.
Just have a healthy fear of flying near trees, buildings and other obstacles and find a clear, open area for learning.
The instruments that you'd lose by crippling the Phantom are part of what makes it safe and easy to fly.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj