Vision plus range

Reaction score
Hello forum

Just got a phantom 2 vision plus and I am havin some range issues.

I have messed around with the ce and fcc selection and I believe I am not achieving much range.

In an open area I am getting approx 200 meters in ce and approx 400m in fcc, this doesn't appear to be a great deal.

Any suggestions or opinions please.

It should go at least twice that if you maintain line of sight - even sparse trees near your take off point attenuate signal significantly.
Antenna orientation is important as you get further away.
It does seem different users get widely different results though.
It would be good to try a different location well away from usual home to make sure you don't have any unexpected interference.

Hi

Thanks.

This is the second one that I have had as the other was returned with a range issue, what do suppose the max height is as mine goes fail safe at 200m ish.

:eek: Have to ask, why to fly so high?
Range can be set in the assistant, and varies based on many things. If you're losing control signal before wifi you might not have your transmitter antenna vertical to the bird. The point of the antenna is the weakest signal, so directly overhead isn't ideal.

Just seeing what it can do at this point.

Good tip re the aerial, I'll give it a go.
Thanks.

You can change the limits by running the DJI Phantom Vision 2 Assistant and go into the Limits:

limits.jpg

I'd suggest you enjoy things stock for a while until you are a great pilot. Then you will probably want to replace your antenna. I changed mine out for a TP Link 8dbi. That got me from the 500 - 800m range up to 1970m.

remote.jpg

1970m.png

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20