Vision Plus photo quality

Reaction score
I'm toying with the idea of selling my Vision and getting the Plus. The gimbal looks awesome in the videos I've seen so far and I know it's basically the same camera but the photo quality looks a little better to me, is that true ?

Mossie said:
I'm toying with the idea of selling my Vision and getting the Plus. The gimbal looks awesome in the videos I've seen so far and I know it's basically the same camera but the photo quality looks a little better to me, is that true ?

Photo quality should be the same as its basically the same camera, don't forget photos can be " massaged" with many program's to make them appear better just to make people jump ship and spend their hard earned cash. The only major difference in the photos that I would foresee is the gimbal on the plus would enable photos to be taken in more challenging wind conditions without blurring the image due to movement.

Madwak said:
Mossie said:

Photo quality should be the same as its basically the same camera, don't forget photos can be " massaged" with many program's to make them appear better just to make people jump ship and spend their hard earned cash. The only major difference in the photos that I would foresee is the gimbal on the plus would enable photos to be taken in more challenging wind conditions without blurring the image due to movement.

More than just windy conditions, low light should be improved by the gimbal as well. Anything you do to stabilize the camera is going to help with the image quality. It's like putting the camera on a tripod!

RedRyderMedia said:
More than just windy conditions, low light should be improved by the gimbal as well. Anything you do to stabilize the camera is going to help with the image quality. It's like putting the camera on a tripod!

What he said...

The improvement is most likely from the stabilization of the camera that should eliminate any blurring that could happen from shaking or the wind.

I think (hope) there may be some luck or perhaps better QC to get slightly better results even with the exact same hardware (a lot of people have soft left or right side with the vision though it is possible with the old hardware to be sharp frame to frame its extremely rare. But the short answer is the hardware is the same, so the results should be the same.

Since it does RAW files you'll be able to tailor the results pretty well if you are used to dealing with RAWs through Lightroom, Photoshop or similar.
The full sized files I've looked at from it seem comparable to a 'very good' phone pic or mid-range compact.
Will look good at web sizes anyway.

OK thanks, so image quality is better due to camera stabilisation.

I've given up trying to stabilise my vision videos through video editing. I've got the trial version of Adobe Premiere CC and even with that there is so much deterioration of video quality after editing, it's not worth it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31