Vision Plus Photo quality at night - not so bad???

Reaction score
Few photos made at night below - not so bad as I expected. Maybe there are some hints how to improve it? I used GIMP to adjust the colour curves a little bit, but it was my best guess and I assume there should be some general hints to take follow. Can somebody share your experience?

More photos from night time : https://plus.google.com/photos/10472742 ... 1877767505
More photos from day time : https://plus.google.com/photos/10472742 ... 5795026833

LarasLTU

%21Soboras%2Bir%2Blaisves%2Baleja%2BDJI00196.JPG

%21Rotuse%2BVytauto%2Bbaznycia%2Bir%2Btiltas%2BDJI00178%2Bv3.JPG

Is%2Bauksciau.JPG

Re: Vision Plus Photo quality at night

That's probably about as good as you can get.
Are you using a separate noise reduction program?
I was surprised how un-noisy they look but at the expense of a slightly soft and blurry look perhaps.
The well lit areas are pretty good.

You might try cropping in closer on the main subject particularly the first one, the lens distortion might also be better reduced at least partly.

Re: Vision Plus Photo quality at night

4wd said:
That's probably about as good as you can get.
Are you using a separate noise reduction program?
I was surprised how un-noisy they look but at the expense of a slightly soft and blurry look perhaps.
The well lit areas are pretty good.

You might try cropping in closer on the main subject particularly the first one, the lens distortion might also be better reduced at least partly.

Thanks mate for feedback. I'm using just GIMP to adjust contrast and brightness, also for lens distortion, however sometimes it crops too much during the process, therefore my target is not to use wide angle in particular cases (always forgetting this when on the field). BTW for day photos I was using Auto Color correction (Auto White balance and Auto Enhancement), this doesn't work for night photos and I needed to play with this Color Curve to reduce blur in exchange of softness.

I also realized, that in well lit areas you can get not bad pictures at all. One hint is that camera still has to be tilted down to avoid reflection of RED leds...

Any other thoughts from others?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20