Vision plus and Vision plus (ver 3.0) ????

Yes it is, for 1 the transmitter is greatly improved, the gimbal control is now on the top right side with a wheel type control instead of the flimsey lever behind the transmitter it also features a usb chargable Lipo battery instead of having to use 4 as batteries. The motors are improved greater power and better props 9450 hope this helps

Thank you. I thought i was reading it right. 200 bucks different but confusing ad at the sellers site.

It's definitely worth it. And, if you decide to buy version 2, you'll spend hundreds more later trying to upgrade/mod to everything in a version 3.

rickasaurus said:
But if you already have V2, it is well worth it to buy the upgrade transmitter and the 9450 props.

I sold my P2V and just got a new Plus V3. I got the Vision a year ago. Haven't flown the Plus V3 yet, but the props look the same.

Did the Vision not have the 9450 props?

My Vision 2+ came with the older props. Just tried a set of the new ones for the first time today.

I know people are saying the new ones are quieter or produce more lift or whatever... honestly can't say I see much difference. Maybe if I had the v3 motors it would make more of a difference.

Pmcdn said:
Haven't flown the Plus V3 yet, but the props look the same. Did the Vision not have the 9450 props?
Originally came with 9443 - just a slight difference in the pitch.

Just to offer a contrarian perspective, I can't see the changes are significant enough to upgrade to the latest.
It doesn't go faster or further or do anything better. The camera tilt might be ok if you want to tilt your camera while videoing but is no big deal for the stills I take. As for the throttle lock - what's that all about?

The alkaline batteries in my controller last for months so no need to have a rechargeable, No-one has been able to explain any difference in the compass - except it has a plastic shell rather than metal. Most users report slightly shorter flight time and enough have commented that they can't see any appreciable improvement to anything that makes a difference.

edit .. The better shielding for the GPS was a much needed fix. But most users have already done that for themselves.

Meta4 said:
Pmcdn said:
Haven't flown the Plus V3 yet, but the props look the same. Did the Vision not have the 9450 props?

Just to offer a contrarian perspective, I can't see the changes are significant enough to upgrade to the latest.
It doesn't go faster or further or do anything better. The camera tilt might be ok if you want to tilt your camera while videoing but is no big deal for the stills I take. As for the throttle lock - what's that all about?

The alkaline batteries in my controller last for months so no need to have a rechargeable, No-one has been able to explain any difference in the compass - except it has a plastic shell rather than metal. Most users report slightly shorter flight time and enough have commented that they can't see any appreciable improvement to anything that makes a difference.

edit .. The better shielding for the GPS was a much needed fix. But most users have already done that for themselves.

Again, I haven't flown it yet but by just picking it up I can tell the PLUS is heavier than the Vision. I wonder if the stronger motors and props are to compensate for the extra load? I also have to suspect that the stronger motors tax the battery time a little bit?

I have to agree with below. I was able to get a P2V+ with an extra battery on Black Friday for $1089 delivered.

The difference has since narrowed between the V2 and V3 but I would guess a great deal can still be had on the V2 while the inventory gets cleared out. Shielding mod is a must on the V2. That costs another $6 for copper EMI tape. However, if you are going to pretty much fly a stock V2 the difference is not profound. Also as time goes on the RC, ESC, and motors will come down in price, I think.

There is a lot to learn on a V2 before the slight advantage the V3 gives makes a difference.

Lastly, it seems there have been a few issues with the ESCs. Version 2.1 is the current. If I understand that correctly seems there is a variation to V3s already. Time is your friend when DJI releases a model or version....

Rob

Meta4 said:
Pmcdn said:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic