Vision Pilot App

wklee said:
Just bought the android app can't seen to find the GS, drone flight mode.

There is no GS mode currently and you cannot manually take photos or video.

You can draw lines on a map and attempt to fly the drone manually on those lines.

tcope said:
LordEvil said:
Uninstall the DJI vision and it will connect right away

If I did that I'd lose _ALL_ ability to maually take a photo or video.... _the_ KEY function of of the Phantom.

As stated.... this app currently will not allow manual photos or video.

But then I question why an app simply dormant on the phone would some how affect a running app.

We promise you that next android release should allow manual photos or video.

In the Vision Pilot features it describes what the "Wifi Booster" feature does. As you can see below it shows that this feature says it enhances the WiFi video connection performance. But in the description of how it achieves doing this, is completely messed up. I think the text got shifted and was never corrected from a proof read before publishing? I selected bold text on the section that is questionable. Based on what the complete text shows, this suggested wording might be easier to understand:

One click enhances the WiFi Video Reception Performance. It will boost the output signal up to 100% from both the Range Extender and Transmitter to increase the FPV range.

Wifi Booster (only for Vision+)
One click to enhances the WiFi video connection performance. It will boost the WiFi between range extender and transmitter output signal to increase the FPV range up to 100%.

ocatcr, it says boost up to 100%, what is the default % before it gets boosted by this app?

And what is the dBm values it is boosting out of each device the Range Extender and Transmitter?

flyNfrank said:
In the Vision Pilot features it describes what the "Wifi Booster" feature does. As you can see below it shows that this feature says it enhances the WiFi video connection performance. But in the description of how it achieves doing this, is completely messed up. I think the text got shifted and was never corrected from a proof read before publishing? I selected bold text on the section that is questionable. Based on what the complete text shows, this suggested wording might be easier to understand:

One click enhances the WiFi Video Reception Performance. It will boost the output signal up to 100% from both the Range Extender and Transmitter to increase the FPV range.

Wifi Booster (only for Vision+)
One click to enhances the WiFi video connection performance. It will boost the WiFi between range extender and transmitter output signal to increase the FPV range up to 100%.

We are really appreciated your help and clarification.

flyNfrank said:
ocatcr, it says boost up to 100%, what is the default % before it gets boosted by this app?

And what is the dBm values it is boosting out of each device the Range Extender and Transmitter?

The best one as before:
15dBm for transmitter and
default value for range extender.

tcope said:
wklee said:
Just bought the android app can't seen to find the GS, drone flight mode.

There is no GS mode currently and you cannot manually take photos or video.

You can draw lines on a map and attempt to fly the drone manually on those lines.

We will upgrade our app with using DJI SDK Level 2 soon. The features you mentioned requires DJI SDL Level 2 access.

tcope said:
ocatcr said:
Hi, for android version, we will add the take video or photo feature in coming release.
Wait a second... I'm a little confused. Part of the Android app description in the Google store is that the app is currently able to take photos and video. Is this not true? If not, then we've been duped into paying $10.00 for something that does not perform as advertised (we call that fraud). Perhaps I'm misunderstanding.

Please update your app. We just added the features you requested. Feedback is welcome.

- Take photos
Two Finger Double Tap the video view to take photos. Taking photo is disabled during video recording.

- Record video
One Finger Double Tap the video view to start and stop video recording.

Also there are some useful features added to android v2.5:

- The shortest flight path between home and drone position is displayed to the real time map.
10991626_1631026770464364_4637796118951776342_o.png

- Real flight time is started after the the motor is on.
10993469_1630950023805372_8813274312573356338_n.jpg

For iOS user, we added some useful features to v2.1:

Flight Route Editor
Enter map edit mode and draw the flight route that is intended to pilot the drone manually.
10991314_1627693590797682_8679840034037465615_n.png

Warning Message based on Low Battery, Home Lock Distance, Satellite Lock Count, Altitude and Speed.
10987472_1627691964131178_4433004631210895094_n.png

Remaining flight time and battery level indicator that display the estimated flight time based on the battery current discharge rate.
10981507_1627691924131182_1224568315448802850_n.jpg

Auto Recording starts the video record while taking off to avoid forgetting to turn on/off your video.
10422942_1627691194131255_6086667216677175868_n.png

Toggle on/off grid line to help you set up Gold ratio of your image before capturing.
10993954_1627691944131180_7901490006504951063_n.png

iOS compass cablibration module that prompts for recalibration if the compass heading is found inaccurate.
10401519_1631046593795715_5123578295254408896_n.png

After the update I was excited to see the camera tilt works with my non plus Vision. Great app, keep up the good work.

ocatcr said:
flyNfrank said:

The best one as before:

Ok so with that response it would mean that there is once again setting to adjust, and not a one button only setup?

cantstandya said:
After the update I was excited to see the camera tilt works with my non plus Vision. Great app, keep up the good work.

Sorry that there is no update for the camera tilt for non plus vision. We are working it with DJI development team.

flyNfrank said:
ocatcr said:
flyNfrank said:

The best one as before:

Ok so with that response it would mean that there is once again setting to adjust, and not a one button only setup?

Sorry there is no way to adjust the dBm values. It seems that most users in this forum do not like a complicated user interface so we simplified the UI of the booster feature with only one button click.

Some customers complained they could not connect their phantom to the app. For first time launching Vision Pilot, you need to connect to DJI server to obtain app permission token before using Vision Pilot. If you get a message "Please connect to internet and restart to get SDK token", please connect your device to internet and then restart Vision Pilot.

For next iOS release, we are considering to add a map navigation feature suggested by our customers. How this mode works: it allows the real time map can be rotated and panned based on the device bearing or the direction the drone is traveling in. If it is based on the drone traveling direction, the drone marker bearing will not change while the map underneath it appears to be moving and rotating.

11025160_1631563203744054_1966136499853247022_n.png

I tested the newest version of the app, 2.5 for Android. Tested on my Vision Plus and using my Galaxy S5 running OS 5.0.

Initial issues discovered:

There is now an opening splash screen that is mostly white with a camera drawing on it. There is only _one_ way to get past this screen... you need to tap the camera drawing. No mention of this, no help information... no nothing. You just need to know that you need to do this otherwise you can't even get into the app.

When recording a video the counter is displayed _under_ the WiFi Booster icon an the counter is faint. You can't see the seconds and minutes as they are mostly covered up by the Booster icon. What you can see is so light it's difficult to see even indoors.

If you minimize the map display normally in the lower right corner you _cannot_ take any photos or video. It simply will not work (I guess this is fine if you don't mind a large section of the viewing screen covered up by the map. If you maximize the map again you can take photos and video.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VA43qJ4uqQ[/youtube]

I had the same experience with 2.5 for Android using Samsung Tab 4. Took a long time for the map in the lower right hand corner to come in. Is there a list of the icons and there functions somewhere? For example what do the two wifi icons represent and is there boost involved? How does the radar icon work in the lower left corner. All of the data fields on the bottom are small and hard to read. Is there a log function?

tcope said:
I tested the newest version of the app, 2.5 for Android. Tested on my Vision Plus and using my Galaxy S5 running OS 5.0.

Initial issues discovered:

There is now an opening splash screen that is mostly white with a camera drawing on it. There is only _one_ way to get past this screen... you need to tap the camera drawing. No mention of this, no help information... no nothing. You just need to know that you need to do this otherwise you can't even get into the app.

When recording a video the counter is displayed _under_ the WiFi Booster icon an the counter is faint. You can't see the seconds and minutes as they are mostly covered up by the Booster icon. What you can see is so light it's difficult to see even indoors.

If you minimize the map display normally in the lower right corner you _cannot_ take any photos or video. It simply will not work (I guess this is fine if you don't mind a large section of the viewing screen covered up by the map. If you maximize the map again you can take photos and video.

We really appreciate your feedback. Our team just sent us the video for next release that fixed the problem you mentioned.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBh7FgQPkgI[/youtube]

Due to the limitation of DJI SDK, if you quit the app, the recording time may be incorrect.

UgashikBob said:
I had the same experience with 2.5 for Android using Samsung Tab 4. Took a long time for the map in the lower right hand corner to come in. Is there a list of the icons and there functions somewhere? For example what do the two wifi icons represent and is there boost involved? How does the radar icon work in the lower left corner. All of the data fields on the bottom are small and hard to read. Is there a log function?

You could take a look at https://www.facebook.com/notes/vision-p ... 0077708700 for more info.

The map should be cached before connecting yout device to your Phantom. To cache offline map in google map:
1. Connect your device to internet
2. Switch to full map mode
11043128_1630953643805010_5210039978436521505_n.jpg

3. Click on the home button, and a detailed map of your area is shown and home icon is display at the center of the map.
4. To cache more area for your planned flight route, you need to drag the map view to move the map, tap the map view with two fingers and pinch them together to zoom out the map.

9. Flight Log System Record flight details of each flight (eg. GPS latitude longitude altitude speed, battery level, IMU data). Demo video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtluZwNwEbs
10959449_1629415643958810_8791857682726883462_n.jpg

All flight history records are summarized as
11006377_1625252357708472_8871343554963755878_n.png

Different functions (Play / Pause / Fast forward) to run through the flight path and review the flight info (eg. battery, satellite count, location, speed, distance, altitude..) during playback.
10978496_1625252924375082_8147931284220269548_n.jpg

ocatcr said:
Sorry there is no way to adjust the dBm values. It seems that most users in this forum do not like a complicated user interface so we simplified the UI of the booster feature with only one button click.

Ok I think your Japanese Translator is confusing the questions being asked?

(7. Wifi Booster
One click enhances the WiFi Video Reception Performance. It will boost the output signal up to 100% from both the Range Extender and Transmitter to increase the FPV range.)

Let's try one of the questions that you seem to struggle with. It says the signal gets boosted up to 100%.

What is the default signal amount before being boosted? 60,70,80,90?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers