Vision Pilot App

cantstandya said:
I purchased this for my iPad and had a question. I have a Vision Non-plus with rotorpixel gimbal and the camera tilt only goes from 0 degrees to 90 degrees, nothing in between. Not really a complaint as I understand its for the Vision +, just wondering if I can fix this...

Hi, we will forward it to our team and get back to you soon. Thanks.

ocatcr said:
flyNfrank said:
So how to access the .csv and .kml files?

Not wifi, but where is the boost for the transmitter like in last years version?

Also does the Auto Record for the Video, or Flight Data? If so, how is it accessed?

Currently all the real time flight log is stored in the app database file. There should be import / export flight log feature in next release.
To enable the transmitter boost, simply click on the the wifi signal button as
Auto Recording starts/stops the video record while taking off / landing.

I can locate all other sdk apps, but Vision Pilot doesn't appear anywhere. How do you access the database file/folder?

flyNfrank said:
ocatcr said:
flyNfrank said:
So how to access the .csv and .kml files?

Not wifi, but where is the boost for the transmitter like in last years version?

Also does the Auto Record for the Video, or Flight Data? If so, how is it accessed?

Currently all the real time flight log is stored in the app database file. There should be import / export flight log feature in next release.
To enable the transmitter boost, simply click on the the wifi signal button as
Auto Recording starts/stops the video record while taking off / landing.

I can locate all other sdk apps, but Vision Pilot doesn't appear anywhere. How do you access the database file/folder?

Currently you can only view the flight logs via our app. CVS file export/import features will be available in next release.

10959449_1629415643958810_8791857682726883462_n.jpg

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7DIfr4wdls[/youtube]

Today we received a defective DJI smart battery from our customer. The battery has been discharged 35 times, is 4860mAh full capacity and 89% life left. Only 6 minutes flight time is reported.

Our app log system shows that the battery got abnormally high current draw (~50A) . That is the reason why there is really high discharge rate - battery level drop 50%-7% in ~1 minutes (1:30-2:30)

I bought and used this app today. I only used it for 2-3 minutes (apparently the company I work for frowns on paying me to fly my Phantom) so I'll need to get some more time on it. Had a heck of the time getting a "connection". I removed powered down and started it back up and it connected. But how in the heck do you take video or a photo? I did not see any icons for this. The display showed the camera view and the map in the lower right corner.

Also on that note... is there going to be an instruction manual written up for the use of the app? I know the people reading this thread get some info from other users here but what about everyone else.

So I found the screen shots in prior posts showing the video and camera icons on the right side of the display screen. I’ve never seen them displayed when I use the app. Here is my take on the app….

Using a Samsung Galaxy S5 running Android 5.0. Placed the phone in Airplane mode. I can connect WiFi to the Phantom but when I launch the app it almost always shows its disconnected. I go into WiFi and it is connected. When I use the pull down menu to show battery charge among other things the battery charge flashes on that screen for a split second and then goes back to 0%. There is no camera display at all. I’ve spend 15 minutes switching the Phantom off/on, turning the booster off/on, disconnected/reconnecting to WiFi and after that time, finally had it connect. But before then I’d also exit out of the app and go into the DJI app and it worked perfectly.

So I was able to finally connect to and got the camera to register on my phone. However, no icons to take video or photos. They simply never showed up. So I was unable to take any video or photos.

I checked the Flight log and it’s amazing! I love the information that it returns.

However, for me the app is unusable. Spending 15 minutes working to get it to connect is miserable. Then not being able to take any photos or video… kills the whole thing.

I’m going to _guess_ that this might be an issue with the app and Android 5.0 but I can’t know for sure. Could be that I’m just hoping that it is and it’s an easy fix. But until something is done to allow these features I’ll just consider it $10 spent to try out the app. Kind of expensive given the return.

Oh... and the app crashed about 3 times during all of this as well.

DJI app... rock solid.

I'm still waiting for an answer on this.

Where is the boost for the transmitter like in last years version?

tcope said:
So I found the screen shots in prior posts showing the video and camera icons on the right side of the display screen. I’ve never seen them displayed when I use the app. Here is my take on the app….

Using a Samsung Galaxy S5 running Android 5.0. Placed the phone in Airplane mode. I can connect WiFi to the Phantom but when I launch the app it almost always shows its disconnected. I go into WiFi and it is connected. When I use the pull down menu to show battery charge among other things the battery charge flashes on that screen for a split second and then goes back to 0%. There is no camera display at all. I’ve spend 15 minutes switching the Phantom off/on, turning the booster off/on, disconnected/reconnecting to WiFi and after that time, finally had it connect. But before then I’d also exit out of the app and go into the DJI app and it worked perfectly.

So I was able to finally connect to and got the camera to register on my phone. However, no icons to take video or photos. They simply never showed up. So I was unable to take any video or photos.

I checked the Flight log and it’s amazing! I love the information that it returns.

However, for me the app is unusable. Spending 15 minutes working to get it to connect is miserable. Then not being able to take any photos or video… kills the whole thing.

I’m going to _guess_ that this might be an issue with the app and Android 5.0 but I can’t know for sure. Could be that I’m just hoping that it is and it’s an easy fix. But until something is done to allow these features I’ll just consider it $10 spent to try out the app. Kind of expensive given the return.

DJI app... rock solid.

There is never a good reason for not providing instructions for something you are charging people for! This app should be 100% ready to rock when money needs to exchange hands.

On connecting I had to figure it out as well which is why I'm jumping in here like I did.

Connect through the DJI app like normal, then press the circle on your device to go to the home page of your device, and locate the Vision Pilot app and open it. You should be connected and ready for flight.

flyNfrank said:
There is never a good reason for not providing instructions for something you are charging people for! This app should be 100% ready to rock when money needs to exchange hands.
Thanks for this post. I thought I might be alone on this thought. Hey, I think the app is a great idea and that the developer has done a lot of work on it... but to charge $10 for something that is really in beta (increased from $8)...?

flyNfrank said:
Connect through the DJI app like normal, then press the circle on your device to go to the home page of your device, and locate the Vision Pilot app and open it. You should be connected and ready for flight.

This sounds correct as I did jump into the DJI app to see if it worked. The timing sounds correct... once I went back to this app, it connected.

tcope said:
flyNfrank said:
Thanks for this post. I thought I might be alone on this thought. Hey, I think the app is a great idea and that the developer has done a lot of work on it... but to charge $10 for something that is really in beta (increased from $8)...?

flyNfrank said:

This sounds correct as I did jump into the DJI app to see if it worked. The timing sounds correct... once I went back to this app, it connected.

Just remember to not back out of the DJI app. But use homepage button.

If these guys want to keep raise the price on these apps then I guys we'll just need to bring it to DJI's attention to start charging them for using the SDK.

tcope said:
I bought and used this app today. I only used it for 2-3 minutes (apparently the company I work for frowns on paying me to fly my Phantom) so I'll need to get some more time on it. Had a heck of the time getting a "connection". I removed powered down and started it back up and it connected. But how in the heck do you take video or a photo? I did not see any icons for this. The display showed the camera view and the map in the lower right corner.

Also on that note... is there going to be an instruction manual written up for the use of the app? I know the people reading this thread get some info from other users here but what about everyone else.

Hi, for android version, we will add the take video or photo feature in coming release.

forget to mention that you can get more info at http://www.facebook.com/notes/vision-pi ... 0077708700

tcope said:

DJI app... rock solid.

Thanks for your feedback. Our app is developed with DJI Official SDK. If you cannot get it connected in the first time, trying to restart the app again should fix the problem. If the app is crashed, please submit the bug report to google play store. We will forward the report to our team / DJI dev team.

ocatcr said:
Hi, for android version, we will add the take video or photo feature in coming release.
Wait a second... I'm a little confused. Part of the Android app description in the Google store is that the app is currently able to take photos and video. Is this not true? If not, then we've been duped into paying $10.00 for something that does not perform as advertised (we call that fraud). Perhaps I'm misunderstanding.

tcope said:
ocatcr said:
Wait a second... I'm a little confused. Part of the Android app description in the Google store is that the app is currently able to take photos and video. Is this not true? If not, then we've been duped into paying $10.00 for something that does not perform as advertised (we call that fraud). Perhaps I'm misunderstanding.

Hi, in current release, you could start video recording by enabling Auto Recording feature. For taking photo, you need to set the horizontal and vertical capture distance in the general settings menu:

1655838_1626138350953206_7898584158382162958_n.jpg

the app will trigger the shutter whenever your drone has moved a predefined horizontal and vertical distance.

Dont worry! we will add following features to next release for sure:

13. Take photos
Two Finger Double Tap the video view to take photos.

14. Record video
One Finger Double Tap the video view to start and stop video recording.

One customers suggested us to add a feature that draws the shortest flight path between home and drone position to the real time map. Feedback is welcome.

LordEvil said:
Uninstall the DJI vision and it will connect right away

If I did that I'd lose _ALL_ ability to maually take a photo or video.... _the_ KEY function of of the Phantom.

As stated.... this app currently will not allow manual photos or video.

But then I question why an app simply dormant on the phone would some how affect a running app.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.